tomf
Super Green Thumb

Photos of Piebald deer.

This is a local deer we see, my wife got these with het phone and I cropped them so they are not the sharpest pictures.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

My guess would be at one point you had a white deer around and this is a subsequent generation. Albino deer occur once every 20,000 to 100,000 births.

Where I used to live, we had an almost entirely albino cardinal hanging around our feeders. Very strange, it took us awhile to identify him, since who expects a cardinal to be white In following years, there were piebald cardinals with increasing amounts of red.
Last edited by rainbowgardener on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

This is the only one I have seen so far.

imafan26
Mod

Amazing. Thank you for sharing.
There are few surviving albino's in the natural world. While they occur naturally, they are at a disadvantage since predators can spot them better.

Sometimes other genetic problems coexist with albinism. Besides being more sensitive to sunburn, deafness is a common problem in pure white cats with blue eyes (50%). Albino dogs can also be born deaf and usually because they are inbred have other problems of the breed that gets magnified like cancers and hip dysplasia.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”