tomc
Super Green Thumb

Grand parentish duties

I took it on myself to urge the nine year old grandson to build something Calvin-ish this past snow-storm,

He settled on a space alien...

Things are good in Smallville.

webmaster
Site Admin

My daughter and her grandmother played Wii Just Dance and my mother in law received a perfect score on the Elvis song. A lot of fun exercise! They also did artwork together.

imafan26
Mod

The kids are too intrigued by their ipad games.

webmaster
Site Admin

I agree. It's a sad state with some kids. Television played the role of electronic grandparent for my generation.

We don't introduce sitting down games into our household. No offense to anyone, but I consider games like Candy Crush and Minecraft as time-sucks and time is too precious to be wasted (unless it's for idle daydreaming!). There are many better uses of time.

We only introduce active games into our home. Wii Just Dance is non-stop dancing. She has Wii Sports, too. I woke up with sore muscles the day after playing that game with her. It's quite the workout.

My kid enjoys reading, which she does in the evenings before bed. In the last couple months she's read about twenty novels. She's reading Howls Moving Castle now.

It's Grandma that's intrigued by the iPad games. She stays off the games when she's at our house though. :P She bought our daughter a watercolor set and they were both working on that as well. We set up a craft table in my wife's office where my daughter and Grandma can work on the art projects, which my daughter continues to do. So we might spring for some art classes sometime in the future, but not anytime soon as there's no time left after tap dance, voice lessons, and theater rehearsals (and horse riding when it's not winter!) :P

Hd_babe_t
Newly Registered

my granddaughter always wants to do whatever memaw is doing. So as soon as she was able to hold a spoon she was helping me bake. By the age of two she was cracking eggs n rolling out her own noodles. She is only four and makes awesome cupcakes! When we had to get a new oven we got a double oven. She says the top one is mine and the bottom one was hers!

I just had another granddaughter and we can't wait til she is old enough to join us in the kitchen!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”