wind_dial
Newly Registered

FREEZE!! Southern Missouri

Again this year we will be having a late freeze that will be threatening flowering plants and trees everywhere. Last year was bad, but two years in a row is even worse. Its depressing.

webmaster
Site Admin

That's a bummer. Is this weather coming down from Canada?

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Must be. The temps today never went above 35.

Here wind_dial, a little something to tide you over until the weather starts warming up so we can all go out and play in the dirt-

https://www.procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf

Watch what happens when you move your cursor around.

wind_dial
Newly Registered

Yes, thank you Candians for the weather. I origionally planned to put out the annual bed this weekend but I guess I will put it off a few more days and spend that time covering the other plants. My hydrangea got whacked last year by the frost but I will be darned if it gets it again. Same goes for the peonias. don't have to worry about the tulips, the deer already got to them. Luckily everything else accept the peach has either already leafed out or not quite budded up. I don't know about our fellow Missouri apple orchards and grape vineyards. I hope they do alright they were really hurting last year because of the same thing.

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Our temps have dipped to the upper 20's right now. Really glad I didn't put anything out as I would have had to haul it all back inside.

Grey
Greener Thumb

We're in the same boat here. I spent a lot of time last night covering everything I could. Everything here is in such gorgeous full-swing of Spring, it's awful to think we'll have snow tonight.

I guess I won't see my azaleas bloom for two years in a row now. @#%$&!

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Woke up to a nice layer of ice on all the ponds. We had snow yesterday, guess today was your day.

brian

Sorry about the weather, I hope you know the weather is beyond the control of even a Canadian. Good luck with the weather this season. :D

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”