Shade

Jacob Cline Beebalm

I was wondering if anyone has grown Jacob Cline Beebalm? I just purchased some and wondered if they are as impressive as the pictures you see on line. I am planting them in combination with Gooseneck Loosestrife. I think the Red and White contrast should make an impressive display, especially after a few years and both have filled in an have become established. I have grown the Loosestrife for many years but have never had Beebalm. Any suggestions are welcome!

applestar
Mod

I found some photos I posted before. I LOVE the intense red color and it is really powdery mildew proof. :D

Subject: summer flowers
applestar wrote:Your photos look terrific! ...and the raindrops really add to the effect. :D

Here's my Monarda. This one's 'Jacob Cline':

[...]

First blossom of my other Monarda 'Coral Reef' only just started to spike into color today so I haven't taken a photo yet.
Subject: summer flowers
applestar wrote:I wanted that intense red-red, and kept holding off buying a Monarda until I came across this one.

Here's a view of 'Jacob Cline' from the other side -- the Echinacea 'White Swan' will make this REALLY pretty when they open up:

--- UPDATE ---
Here we go. With the White Swans. The drought isn't helping, some of the bud stems are droopy.
----------------

'Coral Reef' opened. The clear color may be a Monarda trait. This one's lipstick pink, and it's shorter -- about 3' vs. 4'.

[...]

hlee
Newly Registered

I grow them and love them. They are a really easy plant and the hummingbirds really do love them.

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

I grew Jacob Cline monarda back on Long Island, NY, & while lovely, I found it very susceptible to Powdery Mildew. Just a heads up.

Shade

Great pics everyone!!

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”