alisios

Searches are strange...

I like the old way to search the forum - It's not very straight forward now and gives strange results...

Am I missing the search function somewhere?

webmaster
Site Admin

I'll take a look at this over the coming days.

alisios

I remember, for instance, if I wanted to find a post and I remember who posted it, I could look up by poster - or restrict to a particular forum, etc.. etc

Thanks webmaster!

alisios

Any luck on this?

I'm having a horrible time searching this forum... :(

webmaster
Site Admin

I'll see if I can work on this over the weekend.
;)

alisios

Thanks WebM!

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

All hail to Roger, our glorius Webmaster! (Opabinia bows down on his hands and knees) :wink:

webmaster
Site Admin

Oh for goodness sakes. :oops:

I bow to all of you that make this a great community!
:)

So I reverted to the old code for the search function. Let me know if it's working now from the home page.

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

I can't find the old search engine. Really sorry, it's probably right in front of may face and I'm missing it.

This is the home page, right-
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/

webmaster
Site Admin

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/

It's on the main page of the site, top of the page. :)

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Thank you.

Now for the bonus question of the day. Where is the member list? I went to go send somebody a thank you pm and lost the thread that they had posted in and went to go look them up and couldn't find a list of members so I had to go find a thread they had posted in. Do we have a members list somewhere that is flying over my head with wings?

webmaster
Site Admin

No members list at this time because I wanted to protect people's privacy and from email harvesters. I'll activate in the future so that it's only available if you're registered and logged into the forum. That way it will be invisible to bots- maybe. hehe. That's the part I'll have to figure out.

If you want to find a member I would suggest for now do a search for the members name then visit any of that members posts to find the little PM button. Clicking that button will allow you to message them.

Alternatively you can simply visit any of your own posts and click on the button that says, Profile. From there you can click on the link to all posts you have participated in to locate a specific thread.

:idea:
8)

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Never thought of that. I know I'd like a members list but on the flip side of the coin I know I don't want any more junk offering me gucci look-alike handbags, I'm a Spammer and just wasted my time - Delete this thread, fake rolexes, or telling me I can get a degree in criminal justice in just 12 weeks. Seems as if I never get the mail I want to get any more so no rush what so ever... when ever you can figure out how to make it available only if we're registered and logged in. Thank you for thinking of that because I am so sick of the garbage in my e-mail.

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Ah ha ha, I did not add the "I'm a Spammer and just wasted my time - Delete this thread". Something in this program added that when I tried to add the word of something else I've been offered in e-mail. That's pretty slick. Posts that add content!

webmaster
Site Admin

Haha!

Caught in my word filter.
;)

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

It wasn't even a dirty word though! Honest!

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”