mykol
Newly Registered

Not a typical question... Trying to remember a catalog

I'm looking for a specific catalog (I recieve many)...

Its about 3 or 4 inches wide. Maybe 6 inches high.
On the inside cover it tells whether the plants are shade or marsh/wet (and other options)
If I remember correct, they also ship everything in planters/pots and virtually everything in the paper catalog is fruit or nut plants.

Anyone know the name?

mykol
Newly Registered

Also...theres no pictures or drawings...just descriptions.

applestar
Mod

Wow, I get a lot of catalogs, too, but not that one.
How long has it been since you received this particular catalog?

If it has been a long time, then one small format catalog I get that used to be mostly descriptions, not much photos, all edible fruits and nuts, and only container/potted... Is Edible Landscaping. But they upped their catalog to glossy photo (I think still small format) a couple-few years ago. I don't think they do the marsh/wet etc. descriptions either.

I can think of three catalogs I get that are mostly descriptions, no photos, hand illustrations, and edibles. But they fail in the potted plants category since they tend to ship bare root.

Prairie Moon is a Midwest native plants catalog that has extensive growing condition information in the front, but not a fruits and nuts cultivar catalog.

Also, where are you located? I feel it's best to order from nurseries that are geographically close unless you are willing to spend the premium for expedited shipping. So I hesitate to recommend any without knowing if they would be suitable.

mykol
Newly Registered

Burnt Ridge Nursery and Orchard.

Finaly found it.

mykol
Newly Registered

Thank you applestar.

I'm in alabama.
I mostly want it for the refrence on wet-land and shade plants that produce fruit. But online, after hours of searching, I found their site. Stumbled accross some sales :) for potted seedlings.

I was cost comparing too. I find the prices resonable since I want potted.

Ive rarely had luck with bareroot. Alot of $ wasted.

For seeds I go to Richters. I had a few plants die (my fault bc of improper self made habitat) and they offered to send me replacements with my next order free of charge.

These are my two favorite places to order from.

Return to “All Other Fruit”