A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Share your happiness about your planting breakthroughs here!

Has a seed sprouted that you have been trying to sprout for a long time? Has your seed-grown tree finally fruited? Has said seed-grown tree actually produced tasty fruit? Post it here!

This being said, the tiny two-leaved green thing in my orange pot gave me inspiration for this post. Sidenote: I am new to gardening (kind of), can you tell me if two straight seed leaves on a plant less than half a centimeter long sound like orange tree? It might just be grass, although hope not.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

I have both chinkapin and chestnuts in the fridge. They are sprouted and will need to go to pots in the next week or two. Unlike many (if not most) tree seed, castenea don't wait for spring to begin germinate.

I'll nest these pots into garden soil once they do go out of doors.

imafan26
Mod

I had a compot of seedlings labeled garden chives. Well, they don't look like chives, but I think I figured them out Roselle, I had given them up for dead. I still haven't figured out where the chives went. But, they will probably show up to, maybe in a pot labeled roselle.

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

All--cool! I planted pear seeds two weeks ago, went to throw away, and found two large seedlings in the pot :mrgreen: !!

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

PS.: The sprout was grass. Transferred it to a hydroponics cup.

Return to “All Other Fruit”