Meme
Cool Member

Re: What's the weather like where you are?

Such a lovely start to the day with sunshine, nice and warm as well. :D
Just 10am - 6OF - 16C, not even a puff of wind, or breeze.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Wow, lindsaylew82 has the sunshine, wonderful that is. Um, any to spare, can you blow a bit across to me please?. I will make extra currant buns.
I did some coaxing! ;) I don't know what a currant bun is, but it sounds fabulous! I would imagine extras of those are always welcome! :()

Meme
Cool Member

A currant bun is a nice small sponge cake with fruit in, very tasty :D I did of course sample the extra I made for you :lol: as the sunshine arrived today. Thank you. :-()

applestar
Mod

Oh me too, I'm coaxing, I really am! :D

...it actually rained again last night here, so maybe the sun would be shining over there?
There was a lovely 1/2 moon earlier around 4AM.

Chilly this morning though -- only 54°F :o

Meme
Cool Member

Oo, it looks like I will be in my kitchen today then making more currant buns. :lol: Now then, where did I put my pinny. :arrow:

Hope the weather warms up soon then for you. :D

Rairdog
Green Thumb

43 here this am with a heat spell on it's way. Just what we need to kill off seporia and powder mildew for a second chance. Haha...wishful thinking.

Wombat

Sprinkling rain this morning, with a t/storm forecast for later in the day. Unusual weather for the dry season, not complaining though as we've had no rain since March......67F today

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Yesterday was freakin gorgeous! Today was even more freakin gorgeous! Ran with the kid in the running stroller tonight. One of the most pleasant runs of the summer season. Mother Nature is definitely making up for the whole week of rain!

Meme
Cool Member

Okay, who took my sun? :shock: please bring it back again. :lol:

Quite a breezy morning, at 11am. Grey sky, and looks like it might rain.

The weather forecast reckons the temperature is 55F - 13C.. But it does feel a lot lower than that. :roll:

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Meme, You're in Lancashire! You've had the wonderful summer,{ the Romans grew vinyards there, so I've read. the sun will be back in shortly} now is the time to read a short sommber novel with a large brandy and wait for your sun, It will be back in a few days for a few days, so I've read. Have a nice though chilly day.

We have a fire going, its cool in the mountains, at the lower place it's still hot, Strange transition, still gets warm in the green house, planted lettuce, gathered seeds from the lettuce at the lower ranch, both red and green. Humming birds are still gathered round the house asking for sweet water, yep, It feels like Fall up here.

Richard

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

After a couple nice weeks of 70 degree weather and cool nights, we are back in the upper 80's and humid :(

Hopefully this won't last too long!

Wombat

fine and sunny today, typical late winter temps....72F

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

After last weeks heat wave, upper 90's all week, we've had 3 nice days of upper 70's and low 80's.

Very nice sunny weather! A day of rain would be nice. :()

imafan26
Mod

Despite an active hurricane season, most are passing us by and just some wind and rain. It is typical August weather 89 degrees with mostly clear skies. Thank God for trade winds, without them there would be hot August days and nights. I keep my half gallon water jug handy and I drink almost all of it when I work outside. I sweat most of it off.

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

Well, if 80 and humid wasn't enough - let's go to 90 and humid! Wishing for 70's and dry. Maybe we'll get some beneficial rain from the T-storms that are supposed to go through this afternoon. :)

imafan26
Mod

I find it strange that places that are farther north from me, are hotter.

It gets hot here but the humidity makes it seem hotter than it really is. The humidity is also what keeps the actual temperature for the most part below 90.

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

So true, Imafan, weather is a really funny thing.

It seems that many of the northern areas in North America are getting a good dose of unusually extra hot weather this summer. We were in Canada in July and they were having a heat wave so instead of mid 60's for hiking, we were in the 80's. Whew! It didn't stop the bears from moving around though :)

Wombat

Another fine sunny day here, too early for humidity yet, thank goodness...74F

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Raining and in the 70's....again for the fourth day in a row.

Meme
Cool Member

The weather my side of the hill lately has been so changeable. Sunshine, then rain, cloudy, dull, then back to sunshine, and that has happened often all in one day. :roll: Today it is raining, colder too. Well, I expected that to happen as the weather must have got word I had planned to go to town. :?

That's good then to know the Romans grew vineyards Richard, I might see what I can grow then. :D I did read the novel, and had a brandy flavoured brandy wine gum. :lol:
How lovely about the Hummingbirds, I would be in awe there just sitting watching them, so beautiful aren't they.

Everyone mainly having nice sunshine, maybe spare a bit for little Meme please. :D Shame you too are having a lot of rain there PaulF, hope soon then it stops and the sun appears.

I have never experienced being around a hurricane Imafan, so pleased then to hear it has passed you by. Do you get much of that there happening.? Hope not of course.

Wombat

I'll share some sunshine with you Meme, as there's not a cloud in the sky. Temp will get up to 76F today, starting to warm up here but thankfully low humidity so far. Great day to spend outside :D

JC's Garden

Rain!!! O:) It's been dry too long. As bad as we need it, all I can think about is, it's night, it's warm, Septoria is on all my tomato plants. :evil: On the bright side, I've already started my fall planting and this rain is just what it needs. 8)

tomf
Super Green Thumb

We got rain yesterday. and like you it was badly ended; the fire danger was set at high on the signs.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Rain off and on all day yesterday, pouring rain this AM. Lots of rain for at least the past week and much of the summer. I feel like we hardly had any summer, a few days here and there. I miss summer. And I feel so bad about the rain- it is so much too much and I know it is desperately needed elsewhere. ...

It's been hard for me to get fall planting or much of anything else done in the garden. Whenever I have time, it is raining.

applestar
Mod

90's with air quality ozone alert and high ragweed/chenopods (I.e. HAYFEVER) pollen count. Blecch!

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

It's hot and dryyyyyyyyyy! We haven't seen rain since the 5 day long rain we got a few weeks ago. Everything is getting crunchy! Grass, garden, everything...

Need a rain dance over here!!!

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

We got one heck of a storm this afternoon starting around 5 and still going on, here and there!

Thanks for that rain dance!!!

applestar
Mod

:lol: Hope your garden is happy now.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

We also had some rain.

First, it delayed the last of the wheat harvest in nearby fields that had been under irrigation. Dry farmed harvest had all been finished, I believe. The same weather system to the south, damaged the barley crop! There goes the beer prices!

The most recent rain yesterday kept me out of one garden or another for the first day in about 2 months! It also results in this temperature in the mid-40's this morning and the fog ... A little town about 12 miles away has mid-30's. I'd thought about "retiring" to live in that town ... sure has been a revelation checking the morning temperatures through the spring this year. I commuted and attended school there years ago. Had no idea it was so much colder than where I now live. Guess my retirement had better be from gardening if I ever make that move ...

Steve

Wombat

Early spring here so weather is a little up and down temp wise, was fine and sunny earlier, now passing showers 75F

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Here's a graphical representation of the Farmer's Almanac prediction of winter 2014-2015

Sorry for the bad language, but I am in the area of you are f'd ... bitter cold and lots of snow, re-run of last year.
Attachments
Farmers Almanac graphic.jpg
Farmers Almanac graphic.jpg (39.06 KiB) Viewed 1121 times

imafan26
Mod

Hot humid and just plain hot. It is 86 degrees now and it is 7:19 p.m. My day is just over 12 hours of daylight. the sun rose at 6:17 and set at 6:45. There are a few night showers but not enough to quench the thirst of the ground.

applestar
Mod

Pre-dawn morning temps were in the 50's a few days ago, today it's 74°F ...?

I noticed that leaves of my Red Lady sage which has been blooming non-stop and my hot peppers with blushing and fully colored fruits are looking yellowed. I can't tell if it's because they need to be fertilized after expending all that energy or because of the chill they experienced and combined with ripening fruits, they think their biological imperative has been satisfied. I think. I need to keep picking those colored peppers!

I don't know if the return of the summer like temperatures will turn them around....

DDMcKenna

It was 73 degrees this morning when I went running at 5AM. The first morning this summer it was cooler outside than it was inside. (I had the thermostat set to 76).

But it's been very cloudy and rainy the past two days which really sucks because I had just watered my baby yesterday morning counting on some sunshine to help dry it.

Rose bloom
Green Thumb

Crazy hot. In the afternoon today at 2:35ish, it was 106F. :shock: :eek:

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

After a frost in one garden last week, we are having overnight lows in the 50's!

It has been as warm as 86° and predicted in the 80's right thru the weekend.

The 8 to 10 day forecast is for "normal" and right on the border of "above!" Normal overnight lows would be above freezing ... I think we (me & the remaining warm-season plants ;)) can make it right thru September.

:) Steve

imafan26
Mod

Hurricane Ana has finally made it here. I got up at the crack of dawn, well almost. At 4:35 a.m. to the sound of rolling thunder. A few minutes later came the lightening flashes. Ana is about 190 miles away, yesterday it was oppressively muggy and that is what happens before and after a storm comes by. It has been raining off and on and it is overcast.

More rain is expected but so far, not much wind. Hopefully, we will just get the rain from the outer bands and the winds won't blow much stuff around. Even with the wind and rain it still feels very muggy.

Thank you , North Pacific High for being there. But it would be even nicer if you were in your usual spot slightly more to the left.

Nighthale99
Newly Registered

:) I'm from South Florida; trying to grow a coffee plant on my balcony!

imafan26
Mod

Welcome Nighthale99. Good luck on your tree, but I think you are in the wrong topic.

It has been raining since about 6 p.m., all day it was overcast but with only a few breezes. We are just getting the rain bands from Ana with very little wind. It is still warm rain so it is still very humid and will remain that way. Ana has slowed so while all we are seeing is rain, it is not passing us by that quickly. The ground was not saturated and the rain is coming down slow enough that it is being absorbed so not much flooding and the lights have stayed on. Some of the tops of the plants look like somebody sat on them, but other than that things look pretty good and everyone should be safe if they stay at home.

applestar
Mod

Official temp just dropped from 33°F to 32°F and there is still two hours to go before sunrise....

Our first frost is here along with first FREEZE. (I should just get used to non-existent spring and non-existent fall) :roll:

Dew point is 30°F so temp may drop some more. On the WeatherBug app map, I watched the westward moving graduated shades/bands of the temperature overlay creep past my location as it changed from 33°F to 32°F and the next line for 31°F is approaching,with 30°F band not far behind.

-- I covered a lot of stuff -- overnight lows go back up to 40's and even 50's after this. :? ...but some of my container "tropicals" are still outside. :eek: Hopefully won't freeze on the patio, but I may have dropped the ball..... :|

I covered the biggest avo's and banana but they are on the west side of the garage -- may or may not be sufficient.

I didn't cover some peppers with green fruits that are in a protected area because I thought frost wouldn't get to them.... (Argh)

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”