calvey

New Natural Exfoliatent- Soap Needed

Hi - I have been reading about all of the micro plastic beads in our soaps, and other items, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for bar soap that is natural and is exfoliating? Thanks

applestar
Mod

I seem to remember ground apricot seeds as popular exfoliant ingredient in natural products. Degree of scrubbing would depend on how finely ground.
Sea salt is another good one. I think.
For milder scrubbing for sensitive skin, I think ground oatmeal is great.

Are you making your own? Care to share your recipes?

imafan26
Mod

I have a friend who has very soft and ageless looking skin. She does not use soap at all. She uses citrus juice, mainly from limes but also acidic fruit like bilimbi.

calvey

I was hoping to find some recommendations to buy some soaps. Not sure I could take on soap making.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

I like St. Ives apricot scrub. I've made my own salt scrubs and sugar scrubs before, but I can't use them on my face. I have VERY sensitive skin compounded with eczema. I can use the apricot scrub and unscented dove, and that is it.

I seem to remember a sandy bar that my dad used when I was little. I think the wrapper had a picture of a volcano on it?

I want to say Bath and Body Works has a bath bar with natural exfoliants. In their men's line. It's been years since I've seen it though.

Kageri

I use lush products a lot. They have several rougher soaps. They have some "scrubbers" such as Sea Vegetable or Ice Blue soap which uses sea salt as the rough scrubbing ingredient. Sandstone as the name applies uses sandstone in the bar. Porridge says it uses exfoliating oatmeal which I know is good for the skin.

Lush isn't the cheapest place around but they have quality stuff made of more natural ingredients. I usually only need to order once every year or 2 to replenish my lip balm, solid perfume stick, and soap. They send a ton of little samples which I've piled in a dish by the bathroom sink instead of buying soap.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”