KittieKAT

Few more..
Attachments
CAM01562-1.jpg
CAM01561-1.jpg
CAM01560.jpg
CAM01559-1.jpg

KittieKAT

Excuse the mess and thee horrible lighting the flash on MY phone sucks at night time

imafan26
Mod

Very nice. I only have a small collection and it is very old. I have killed so many old man cactus and yours looks very good.

Sweyn

These look good but, shouldn't they be posted here https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/vi ... 38&t=57930 ?

KittieKAT

I've had my collection for a while, just seems to keep getting bigger and bigger Everytime I go out on my porch, and its a cacti and succulent forum sooo I figured since there cacti and succulents it wouldn't be an issue if I posted THIS in here...

Sweyn

It's an impressive collection. It looks like displays in garden centres. Are they all in your home?

KittieKAT

Yes they're ALL on my indoor/outdoor Sun porch, I haven't counted EXACTLY how many I have but I'm assuming anywhere from 100-200 plants not including clippings and whatnot and carnivorous plants and a few random house plant's here and there, still in the process of repotting most of my collection's from random plastic pots I had laying around to terracotta one's, but it's such a hike on MY motor scooter to get small pots for my smaller plant's =^..^=

Sweyn

You could have a written record for your plants. You could improvise or buy some tags for the pots and write a number on each one, then write each number in a list with that plant's name, when you acquired it and any other, important information about it. That way you can easily keep track of each one and remember and not have to remember everything, about each of them.

imafan26
Mod

Sweyn, that is a great idea. I do that with my orchids. I write on the back of the name tag things like the dates of bloom, repotting, dividing. The thing with plant addictions though, after a while the names are not so important because your favorite ones are pretty well memorized. And that is a good thing especially with long lived plants that outlive their tags.

KittieKAT

I keep a small notebook with ALL my plant's Info in it....and Random thoughts ...etc. .etc..
I've tried to Label all my plants but there's so many trying to find ALL there proper I.ds and such just becomes a pain in my a$$ !!! And some pots are too small for tags and I repot and reuse the pots for other plants so I was constantly peeling stickers I wrote names on off and on again, sooo I just kinda do my thing and it seems to work

newfangl3d

I am very jealous of your collection! :D

Sweyn

KittieKAT wrote:I keep a small notebook with ALL my plant's Info in it....and Random thoughts ...etc. .etc..
I've tried to Label all my plants but there's so many trying to find ALL there proper I.ds and such just becomes a pain in my a$$ !!! And some pots are too small for tags and I repot and reuse the pots for other plants so I was constantly peeling stickers I wrote names on off and on again, sooo I just kinda do my thing and it seems to work
That's more like what I meant. Writing down the information about your plants on paper (not on a tag), then write a designation for particular plants, above the information. You could write down things like when you bought or swapped for it and when it was last repotted. You could write a separate entry in your records, for each plant.

After that, write the same designation on a tag and put it with the plant. For example, if you have two, Opuntia Microdasys, you could write OM1 on a tag for one of them and OM2 on the tag for the other.

From then on, to find the information, just look for that designation in your written record. That would mean looking for the entry with designation OM1 or OM2. I do this and its very helpful because I can't possibly remember everything significant about each of my plants.

KittieKAT

newfangl3d wrote:I am very jealous of your collection! :D
No need to be jealous, its a lot of work to keep up with all these babies! But I luv them all. <3

Sweyn, I do that aswell, in my notebook it's got pretty much ALL the info I can think about when I examine and enjoy my plant's. I don't have exact name'/ I.d's for all of MY plant's so sometimes I gatta get a little creative with what I call them in my notebook.

newfangl3d

Sweyn and KAT - These are really good ideas for keeping notes about your plants.

I take photos of my plants individually, upload them to my imgur account and then add the name of the plant to the title. This way I have a quick, visual representation of my collection that I can access and edit (or just show off lol) when I'm away from home. I keep a list of more specific details about each plant in google docs because I tend to lose things written down on paper and I like using google docs because I can access the files anwhere I have an internet connection.

Sweyn

newfangl3d, that sounds good, as well. I've enjoyed looking at your photo's.

KittieKAT, that's understandable. There does not need to be just one way of writing it down. Whatever works for you.

KittieKAT

I have a horrible phone for internet use so documents online would be such a pain, it's funny how different things work for different people! - lucky for me I keep my plant stuff on the outdoor/indoor Sun porch where al my plant's are sooo I don't misplace IT LOL!

KittieKAT

Have been busy doing a whole collection re-pot so I haven't been posting, but it was a sunny day today thought I'd share a few pix of some of my collection....if I had a bigger camera or a smaller collection I'd be able to take a pic of my full collection but this will have to do!
Attachments
Some of my collection on the left side of the sun porch
Some of my collection on the left side of the sun porch
Up top my display case green House
Up top my display case green House

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”