Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

What is the new negative thing you see with cell phone?

Cell phones are like a epidemic which in medicine does effect the cells also causing problem everywhere. Did you know 26% of car accidents are cell phone related. I play my lottery numbers sometimes in the drug store on a machine and today I stop to play and a nice looking woman is on the machine. She sees me waiting and not to be too close I look at the post cards. 10 minutes later there she is texting while her tickets stopped and her balance still needed played. Well I left really not to happy and told the lady at the counter about it! I think I could be in a wreck once a week because of cell phones if I was not watching! What has happened to you lately?

I have even avoided getting run over in the store with grocery carts and the cellphone nuts! I even see 6 year olds with cell phones.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Cell phones have become an addiction for some people. I see people playing on their smart phones when they should be working, I see people drive and text, or talk when on the phone. I sometimes wonder who they could be talking to so much, and then I realize it must be other people with a phone addiction. I think cell phone driving causes more accidents than drunken driving now a day.

imafan26
Mod

It is against the law to drive with any hand held device. Phones have to be hands free, but it is still a distraction if people are busy talking and not paying enough attention to the road.

While it is nice to see a few "baby" pictures. I get photo bombed sometimes by enthusiastic friends. It wouldn't be so bad but most of the time I can't see what is on a tiny screen anyway.

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Greenville, SC just passed laws against handheld devices in vehicles. ANY handheld device! I think it's great! They're being strict! I think governor Haley just passed state wide cellphone laws, too. I'm not sure if they're as struct.

webmaster
Site Admin

Everything has a negative about it. As much as possible, I prefer to focus on the positive. Getting worked up about the foibles of human nature doesn't help my cause, which is basically having a nice day for myself and everyone else I encounter. I'm not perfect though. Far from it! :P

tomf
Super Green Thumb

The negitive of cell phone driving is that people are getting hurt and thousands are dying from it.
Even hands free laws in Oregon I see tons of drivers texting and holding a phone to their ear.

imafan26
Mod

I have a cell phone. It is useful to have an emergency phone if I get stuck somewhere or if I call someone to see if they want something picked up while I am shopping. It did not make sense to have a land line and a cell phone so now I am land line less.

I am not very attached to my phone. I don't get many calls and if I am more than 10 ft from the phone I don't even hear it. I do not carry it around in my pocket and I don't have it if I am cleaning house or working in the yard or garden. Since I do work out in the garden to relax, it is kinda nice to be able to leave the phone somewhere far away.

I have a simple phone, no camera, no fancy apps. There are a few features but the only ones I use are the calendar reminder, and alarm clock. I even found out I have a flashlight, but most of the other things like the games, I have never used.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Where we live the negative (or maybe the positive) is that there is no good cell reception if any at all. So the cell phone we have is for traveling purposes only. The positive is the ability to be in touch on the road. When people ask for my cell number, I just tell them it would do no good to have it since the phone is turned off until I want to use it. The last time it was turned on there was a text message from last November.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Cell phones have their use, I got my wife an iPhone and I have a cell phone from work: I use my work phone as they pay for it. Where we live cell phones only come in at some parts of our house.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

5 out of 6 girls under 20 years old were coming out of wal mart tonight glued to their cell phones and not even looking for cars on the street area. This is very disturbing to me thinking America is becoming zombie like!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”