thesnapman44

Bush Champion.

It looks as if my first time attempt at growing cucumbers, is doing well.
After having two young cucumber plants taken by squirrels, I covered this last one up.
Are they looking good, or does anyone have any advice at this stage ?

Top pic is now.
Bottom pic four weeks ago.
Attachments
2010-11-13 23.17.35.jpg
2010-11-09 20.17.17.jpg

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Greetings, Looks like you could give advice. they look good to me. Have you tented them? As for the squirrels, I recommend you treat them unkindly so that they die or go quickly away. Those little rats can go through a garden, pulling thing up and throwing them over their shoulder. Well, keep in touch, let us know what you're doing, sounds like you have on of those thumbs.

Richard

thesnapman44

All I did was to get a large household net curtain (bought at the thrift store), got a cone-shaped wire tomato cage, placed that over the outside of the container, and then draped the net over, and fastened it under the container. Being a "net", it allows the sun to get through to the plant.

thesnapman44

Can anyone tell me, what this little bud thing is ? Is it a normal leaf, or at this early stage, is it the beginning of a male or female flower ?

Does this young plant need any support yet, or is it doing fine on its own ?

I had to bring the plant inside and place it on a window sill, due to construction on our balcony. As long as the window is open and the mesh screen down, will it be okay ? I did not want to close the window and let the plant get sun and heat, and start shriveling up. Is that okay ?
Attachments
2010-11-18 20.29.31.jpg
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (66.08 KiB) Viewed 850 times

Return to “Vegetable Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”