nikos
Newly Registered

garden dream

I am dreaming a beautiful garden with plants and lovely furniture which doesn't need to take care. I would like the plants I like which grow at my village without needs of water and any kind of care. Is it possible?

lillgardnr

anything is possible...just need to research the area your in , and find what plants will work for what you have in mind...I find it easier if I look at the area , picture what I want...draw it, and fill in with what plant will work for what areas...(sunlight, soil, other plants, etc...) then when I have an idea go for it...the thing about gardens are, they are always changing... I think that's what I love about it so much... :D just have as much fun as you can out there...even if its not perfect its all yours. :D

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

I suggest going to your local library and researching food forests and forest gardeing in general. Gaia's Garden by Toby Hemenway is a very good book to get your going. Using garden guilds will get you going.

There is an interesting book called (I think): Edible Forests.

If you have a facebook account there is a group on Food forests as well.

nikos
Newly Registered

thank you for your suggestions. I like the varieties from garden to garden. In order to have a nice garden you should be a good desighner and to be good in resaerch of the plants is nice for your gaden while you do not forget ti choose the plants you like and comoines with the environment. I said first to have an ideal garden wich needs the less care. After a resaerch I looked that the more care the more joy and the nature cares for you the more nice and goods. Everybody recognise how his neihbor work in his garden. A garden take care twice to the gardener who takes care. Isn' it? I said before can I have an ideal garden letting the nature to take care on its own?

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”