Belcita
Newly Registered

Strange beige spots on my new tomato plants

Some of my tomato plants have beige colored spots on some of their leaves. What could it be?
These are Rio Grande tomato plants and I started them from seeds. I live in SC.
I will appreciate any advice on how to treat my plants in natural ways.
Thanks in advance! :)
Attachments
This is the most affected leaf
This is the most affected leaf

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

If that's the worst affected leaf, it doesn't look bad at all. Plants can withstand a whole lot more damage than that without being slowed down. You can make yourself crazy if you start worrying about every mark and blemish-- that's how things are in nature.

But if I had to guess, I would say it might be the mark of some leaf sucking insect like aphids. A lot of insects like that are very small and blend in well, so look closely, maybe with a magnifying glass, being sure to check the stems and the undersides of the leaves. Let us know what you find.

Belcita
Newly Registered

rainbowgardener wrote:If that's the worst affected leaf, it doesn't look bad at all. Plants can withstand a whole lot more damage than that without being slowed down. You can make yourself crazy if you start worrying about every mark and blemish-- that's how things are in nature.

But if I had to guess, I would say it might be the mark of some leaf sucking insect like aphids. A lot of insects like that are very small and blend in well, so look closely, maybe with a magnifying glass, being sure to check the stems and the undersides of the leaves. Let us know what you find.

Thank you! Take a look at these new pictures I took please.
I'm so scared of having a fungus invading my plants!!! I'm new in this so maybe I'm making no sense. Thanks for your help
Attachments
IMAG4233.jpg
IMAG4232.jpg
IMAG4231-1.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Don't stress! Gardening is supposed to be relaxing! :)

The two bottom pix look like it might be a touch of sunscald. Did your plants recently get moved out from indoors or in a greenhouse? When they aren't used to full, direct sun, it can burn them a little. Not a big deal. The burned places won't heal, but new leaves that appear will be adapted for it, so they should be fine.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”