wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Chores all done?

OK, who has all the hoses/sprinkler systems drained and stored, leaves raked, beds mulched for winter, Christmas lights up, tree decorated, etc., etc., etc.? And who else is irritated that their local radio station is playing all Christmas music all the time, starting THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN! Sheesh! I don't begrudge a number now and then in regular rotation say, after Thanksgiving, but c'mon, Halloween?!! No faster way to bring out the inner Scrooge than to force me to listen to Christmas music before I'm ready. No faster way to get me to quit listening, either (hint, hint, program & station managers). OK, rant over. First question still stands, however...

Prairie

I had everything taken care of before the first snow. The only thing I have trouble with every fall is when to stop officially mowing. Now, I'm wondering if it's going to quit snowing. We haven't had a lot, but a continual pattern of light snows with some ice. It's going to be a white Christmas here in Nebraska!

Oh, I saw Valentine's in the store yesterday. :roll:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Um, I think you can stop mowing when the snow starts falling... :lol: Then it's time to convert it into a snowblower/thrower/plow. But you guys in NEB., probably use those big honkin' combine-looking things, right? :P

Prairie

wingdesigner wrote:Um, I think you can stop mowing when the snow starts falling... :lol: Then it's time to convert it into a snowblower/thrower/plow. But you guys in NEB., probably use those big honkin' combine-looking things, right? :P
Would a push mower work in the fluffy white stuff? :lol:
Actually, my dad's a farmer and moves snow around with a blade behind his tractor. I, however, have scooped our driveway four times this week with a shovel in hand. :(

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Got our first measurable (10") snowfall. Cities/counties got everything plowed out nicely, but darned if all the schools aren't closed! It's not even a FOOT of snow, c'mon! Trouble is the wind hasn't let up for days and keeps blowing it right back. It's not scheduled to settle down for a couple of days yet. Sigh. If it had only held off until tonight, us working stiffs might have gotten a snow day! Then maybe I could get my cards out and catalogue orders (oops).

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”