mistahbenn
Newly Registered

First post Overwintered Butch T in distress

Hello fellow chille heads... Had a great season last year, plants did really well. Overwintered a few of them, theyve been growing fine indoors, until I moved house... Put a fan on them for air circulation.

Repotted them about 3 months back. All of a sudden they are dropping leaves like crazy, drooping, wilting, looking very sad! HELP! I want to keep them growing, as theyve been my flatmates for all winter! :lol:
Attachments
From February
From February
From yesterday
From yesterday

applestar
Mod

Did this just start? Few ideas --
1) was it exposed to extreme cold?
2) was it inside and then left in full direct sun for an extended time?
3) overwatered? Left sitting in water?
4) any pests?

In any case, some of my overwintered hot and sweet peppers are looking like that now due to cold winter temps even in the house and severe aphid infestation. Now that aphids are under control and temps are rising, I'm pruning/have pruned them down to sturdy frame branches -- some of them only a Y or a double decker of Y's to just above branch knobs at the top of the Y branches, and a lot of new buds and shoots are starting to grow even from where there had been no apparent buds. I will prune them down once again when I put them outside for good in mid-May because I want only sturdy new shoots and not the lanky winter/indoor growths.

Not to worry, overwintered peppers start blooming right away, so just control the flower buds at first so the plant can get some foliage started before going into full production.

-- Just make sure about pests.

mistahbenn
Newly Registered

Hey thanks I knew you'd reply. They have no pests or aphids, they did last year though.. I put the out when it was 9-10 Celsius a few times.. Maybe it was that?

mistahbenn
Newly Registered

Ok, I just sat down where they were and felt a cold breeze thru the door, so moved them back near a heater, and also pruned them back (For the third time now).

Hope the heat will stimulate some new growth and we'll be all good :)

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Based on the pic it is still alive and will come back barring no more major issues. it looks like it got exposed to some cold. My outdoor peppers look like that during the winter. They bounce back when it warms up though.

mistahbenn
Newly Registered

Cool thanks. Exactly what happened... There is new growth coming already! Yeah.

Return to “Pepper Forum”