gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Thanks for the rain, but..........

YOU CAN STOP NOW THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday morning I had 1 3/4 inches than heavy rain all day broken up by steady rain. Than rain late night and most of the morning with more heavy downpours. The sun is kind of out now though that is only fueling the really hard core stuff we get most of the night. Already tornados south of me and supposed to be more tornadic tonight. Welcome to the Midwest.

Materman you still above water?

4 plus inches here worse in surrounding areas. Aint over yet either. Yee Haww!!!!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, we are in about the same weather pattern. It rained and rained steadily ALL DAY Sat and some of the nights before and after. Rained all day yesterday and all day today. Areas around here are flooding and the river is rising. My trays and trays of little plants out there are suffering, too wet and no sun.

I swear, it is amazing how we ever manage to grow anything, between too cold, too wet, too windy (yesterday was also very windy), too hot, too dry.....

applestar
Mod

Wow I should go check the weather forecast -- I imagine we'll be seeing all that here (well minus the tornado, I hope) in the next couple of days.

Today was perfect though -- 60's officially, 70's in the sun. Uppotted some stuff, some of the tomato seedlings were outside all day in dappled shade, sun, then shade; smaller banana went out on the warm patio; prepped another small bed and planted some purchased (Dixondale -- yes they were fine) onion plants, my broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, kale, onion bottom started onion plants.... Dug up a crabapple volunteer to become another bonsai wannabe.... Exhausted myself. :roll:

Resting up now to conserve strength so I can being everybody back in an hour or so. :). I wish I didn't have to do that because if it's going to rain, it would be so much better to plant a bunch more stuff where I can in the back and SW side. My northeast side beds are still soggy and only 39°F.

Rairdog
Green Thumb

Boohoooo! Wait until you see the pic tomorrow!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Wow it looks like you are still above water, but the houses across the street look like they are under water.

In Oregon we have an annual rain festival it goes from November to May.

PaulF
Greener Thumb

We could use some of the excess. We are in a drought again so far this year despite yesterday being drizzly all day. The dang wind is blowing so hard the ground gets dried out pretty quickly. 2 or 3 inches would be welcome.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

raining, raining, raining, another rainy day. Sposed to be sunny tomorrow, but the ground will be too wet to do anything.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It has been raining a lot down in the valley, skied fresh powder today on Hood. :lol: No floods.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”