phonelady61

my new babies I'm so excited

these are just some of my maters cannot wait until they produce little green maters and then red or yellow .
Attachments
DSCF2830.JPG
DSCF2830.JPG (40.26 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
DSCF2827.JPG
DSCF2827.JPG (45.13 KiB) Viewed 2134 times

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

They look so healthy! Any of them from :ahem: someone you know? :lol:

Happy gardening!Wont be long now :)

phonelady61

Juliuskitty wrote:They look so healthy! Any of them from :ahem: someone you know? :lol:

Happy gardening!Wont be long now :)
yes maam at least one of them is . I'm praying over them every day ....

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

8) :-()

applestar
Mod

Looking good! Are you planting in cans?

lexusnexus
Green Thumb

Was one of my questions as well. If you are going to replant how do you plan to remove each without hurting the other. I know, newbie type questions.

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

That's a great question, and lots of newbies will learn from it. You gently tease it out of the pot with both together, then gently squeeze the soil ball several times, not forcing the squeezes, until the 2 plants separate. Some of the finest diameter roots will break, but most of the roots will remain intact. Then uppot ( go to a bigger pot) to the final size, and keep well watered for a few days until they establish. Tomatoes readily form roots, so you will want to uppot them deeply planted, buried up to the first set of leaves. Most of the hairs on the stem where buried will become new roots. They will do just fine that way.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Agreed Julius, up-potting tomatoes seems to kick them into overdrive every time.

Another way is to CAREFULLY spray off ALL soil from the root zone. Than your plants will separate fairly easily. Put in new pots with new soil and you are on your way to fresh tomatoes or any plant for that matter.

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

gixxerific wrote:Agreed Julius, up-potting tomatoes seems to kick them into overdrive every time.

Another way is to CAREFULLY spray off ALL soil from the root zone. Than your plants will separate fairly easily. Put in new pots with new soil and you are on your way to fresh tomatoes or any plant for that matter.
Spraying, huh? I never ever thought to do it that way, but it makes perfect sense. :) thanks for the idea, now I am going to have to try that. Very cool. 8)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Juliuskitty wrote:
gixxerific wrote:Agreed Julius, up-potting tomatoes seems to kick them into overdrive every time.

Spraying, huh? I never ever thought to do it that way, but it makes perfect sense. :) thanks for the idea, now I am going to have to try that. Very cool. 8)
A gentle spray mind you, don't get all jet nozzle on them. :wink: For starters in a lightweight potting soil, the sink sprayer may be sufficient.

phonelady61

I repotted them all and some even have flower pods already LOL ...thank you so much ...

applestar
Mod

They do grow in leaps and bounds don't they? Week-10 days make a big difference. :D

phonelady61

updated photos folks of my babies I cannot believe they already have flower buds .
Attachments
DSCF2840.JPG
DSCF2840.JPG (50.93 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
DSCF2841.JPG
DSCF2841.JPG (38.32 KiB) Viewed 1976 times

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

It does seem way too early for such tiny babies to put out flower buds. What variety are they? Are they some kind of super dwarf? Personally, I think I would remove the flower buds at this point. The plants don't seem real sturdy for trying to make tomatoes. Are they under lights? What kind of fertilizer are you using?

phonelady61

rainbowgardener wrote:It does seem way too early for such tiny babies to put out flower buds. What variety are they? Are they some kind of super dwarf? Personally, I think I would remove the flower buds at this point. The plants don't seem real sturdy for trying to make tomatoes. Are they under lights? What kind of fertilizer are you using?

they are all dwarfs and I was told not to feritlize until flowers appear ...yes they are under lights at night and sometimes during the day ...

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

you are right not to be fertilizing. I was just asking in case you were fertilizing with something that encourages flowering, which would not be a good thing at this stage. Personally I would put the lights on in the daytime to supplement the window light and turn them off at night so the plants can rest.

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:you are right not to be fertilizing. I was just asking in case you were fertilizing with something that encourages flowering, which would not be a good thing at this stage. Personally I would put the lights on in the daytime to supplement the window light and turn them off at night so the plants can rest.
+1

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”