vaparks

Suggestions for Indoor Grass?

The house that I am at right now, has an indoor flower bed. It use to be on the ouside but previous owners expanded the front area, and just put that flower bed inside the house.

I have two small dogs, neither dig or bury anything, and with Wisconsin being how it is. Does anybody know what kind of grass I could put in that would grow quickly in a small space?

applestar
Mod

How is this flower bed lit -- skylights? Artificial light?
...is there a bottom to this bed?

What are growing there now, and how are you caring for them?

vaparks

It is lit from sunlight. It's just right of the front door, and a window about 6'6" is right next to it. I don't think there is a bottom, as I have not found any. I currently have nothing planted in it right now, I dug about 2' down to see if there was any kind of root system in it, and I found nothing. I would be caring for whatever I put in there as needed.

gardeningwithe

Hmmm that is interesting. Were you thinking just grass or do you want an easy to care for mix of flowers, or herbs or veggies?

vaparks

I was thinking of doing just grass because one of my pomeranians does this really cool trick, which would be picking things from gardens. While it is cute when last year he picked ripe tomatoes out of the neigherbors yard and brought them inside to his bed, this year he won't be allowed near my garden until he has something he can pick him self. I would fear that if I had something that he could pick growing indoors, the fruits of my labors would never grow.

vaparks

Tomorrow I will post a picture of what the box looks like, I'm sure that would help.

gardeningwithe

Ahhh I see! I don't know much about grass...lol, but am eager to see the pic and other comments.

Mark497
Newly Registered

A picture might be helpful for us. Please upload it.

catgrass
Green Thumb

Wheat grass or oat grass-seeds are usually available at a feed store. Most cats and dogs like to eat this grass, and it is good for them. I keep some planted in a large pot just for my cat. The dog decided he'd rather eat my zinnias, which are ok for him, too.

Return to “Lawn Care”