NormaHubert
Newly Registered

I REALLY Need Help With My Ficus

I've had my ficus for 4 years and it's been dropping leaves for several months now. Many branches are almost bare. I have it sitting by my living room windows which are wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-ceiling. I move it around often. I don't know what to do with this tree! I am so discouraged! Does anyone have any suggestions? If you respond to my message I'd be happy to send you a pic of the ficus. By seeing it one would have a better idea of what I feel is a real problem. Thanks for reading my post.
Norma

artisanoo

NormaHubert wrote:I've had my ficus for 4 years and it's been dropping leaves for several months now. Many branches are almost bare. I have it sitting by my living room windows which are wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-ceiling. I move it around often. I don't know what to do with this tree! I am so discouraged! Does anyone have any suggestions? If you respond to my message I'd be happy to send you a pic of the ficus. By seeing it one would have a better idea of what I feel is a real problem. Thanks for reading my post.
Norma
thats one problem right there - some are more sensitive than others, but generally with ficus, it is common for them to drop leaves in response to a change. The constant moving, in conjunction with the fact that right next to a window probably exposes the tree to pretty drastic fluctuations in ambient temperature.

aside from that, has anything else changed, regarding how you care for the tree (ie watering habits, feeding, etc...), do you have a heater or AC on more or less often?

anything else that would change the temp or humidity that the tree is exposed to?

oh and yes, a picture is always good - you know the saying, a picture is worth a thousand leaves...

alexinoklahoma

Yep - quit moving it, and stay upon a loose schedule with watering, etc. Ficus are creatures of habit in a way, and even changes in air-temps/drafts can throw them into a loop, IME. It may worsen before it gets better, too - so let it be and it should come around eventually. Keep cold air drafts off of it, too, so that windowed area *may* be unsuitable (???).

Stability, like artis was saying :)

Alex

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”