robin of FL
Newly Registered

Seed packet error - Help!

I'm new to your forum. I need help. I planted what was to be Catskill Brussel Sprouts in a row. The trouble is that I have two totally different plants coming up.

This is our first year growing something besides tomatoes. I'm thinking the few on the right are the real brussel sprouts, but the two on the left, are ????. You'll have to forgive my weeds from earlier in the week. If you need clearer pics, I can get them tomorrow.

[img]https://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z262/robinoffl/DSC03055.jpg[/img]

Here is a close-up of the ones on the left.
[img]https://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z262/robinoffl/DSC03049.jpg[/img]

Newt
Greener Thumb

Hi Robin,

I don't know what the plants are on the left but I was wondering if you ever found out what they are.

Newt

robin of FL
Newly Registered

Newt wrote:Hi Robin,

I don't know what the plants are on the left but I was wondering if you ever found out what they are.

Newt
Not exactly. I let them get a little bit bigger before deciding to pull them. I have 1 on the end of the garden that I'm letting grow up only because I have space to waste there.

Yesterday, while cutting grass, I noticed a weed that was similar in foliage, stem and size.

The wind could have carried seed over 30-40 ft, but that doesn't explain why I had 4 plants all in the same row w/ the Brussells. Bizarre to me. Maybe it carried over on my shoe?

Newt
Greener Thumb

The wind could have carried seed over 30-40 ft, but that doesn't explain why I had 4 plants all in the same row w/ the Brussells. Bizarre to me. Maybe it carried over on my shoe?
The seeds could have gotten lined up as you cultivated the soil. It is possible that some stray seeds were in the packet. Do you remember who the grower of the seeds were?

Newt

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”