GardenerX

Dog stories.

Okay I was looking around the forums and found many posts about peoples dogs so I decided to join the fun. I have had many dogs in my day but none more obnoxiously incredible as my dog Neil. I named him Neil after my dad it was his middle name, just thought I would add that because most people hear his name and :?: is the face they make lol. Neil is a Bull Terrier/Husky mix so as you can imagine very hyper and very outgoing. The reason I'm posting this is to ask, do any of you have an outrageous story about your dog? I have many but if you do please don't hesitate to share I'm sure all of us here would love to hear them, I know I would. As for me I think one of the most funny but also extremely irritating stories I have about Neil is. One night I went to bed early because I had to get up for work, this is when I first began puppy pad training him. He had done good the entire day but I guess he figured since I was sleeping it would go unnoticed, what he didn't plan on is that I wake up in the morning. The following morning I woke up and proceeded out of my room and to the restroom to get ready for work. I got ready for work and was heading for the kitchen but as I stepped out of the restroom I noticed a trail of urine leading from the opposite end of the hall on the puppy pad all the way to my bedroom door (witch by the way is about 30 feet). That day I was late for work because I spent an extra 30 minutes cleaning up his mess. The funniest part is the look he gave me as I was yelling at him for making me late. :lol:

Sorry if the story is a bit gross I just thought I should share because I think all us dog lovers have been in a similar situation. Also I will post more pics soon I have to find them on my computer lol. I hope you all enjoy my story and share yours, thank you for reading :D .
Attachments
This is him when I was getting onto him for doing that.
This is him when I was getting onto him for doing that.

j3707
Green Thumb
Location: Pacific Northwest, Zone 8, 48" annual rainfall, dry summers.

Sounds like your pup had good intentions, at least he started at the pad. He just got a little confused about what to do next :)

OK, you want gross, I got gross...

I've got a big dog and we used to have him sleep by the front door at night. One night he had digestive issues and left the most horrendous mess right in the middle of our living room carpet. I mean talk about carpet bombing...

The funny part: my wife took a utility knife and just cut that whole section of carpet right out. Problem solved!

GardenerX

HAHA, nice one yeah he's all grown up now he is still just as rambunctious as he ever was I love my dog to death and wouldn't trade him for any other. Thank you for sharing your story lol :D .

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

That's funny, It doesn't taste like banana. Kirby, I said " Banana slug you goof".

Dad, Make this slimy stuff go away.

Eric

GardenerX

Haha, that's one thing Neil won't do is eat random things. Glad to see other people take pics of their dogs too :D . Are those black labs? I have a lab/basset hound mix, don't ask how that happened because I have no idea lol. Thank you for sharing Eric nice story with nice looking dogs :D .
Attachments
Neil being Neil....
Neil being Neil....
P11-29-12_11-59[2].jpg (37.02 KiB) Viewed 1090 times

applestar
Mod

I got nostalgic -- can I share a story from the past?

One of my teachers gave us a puppy from her dog's litter when I was in 6th grade. We lived a block from the community park so we walked the perimeter of the park. This was pre-off leash and pickup ordinances, so after crossing the street to the park, I would take him off the leash.

I would whistle to him to keep up and just walk on, and if he didn't follow promptly, I ran and hid behind a tree, then whistled. (the park dated back to colonial times and had huge trees) I just stood leaning on the other side of the tree, and in no time, he would run full speed past my tree with a panicked look on his face, catch sight/scent, stop dead and sheepishly trot back. He learned not to stray too far off the leash, and got pretty adept at the hide-and-seek game. :lol:

Thinking back, it must have been a comical sight to anyone watching us, but I never thought anyone WAS watching. With this stop and go pattern, it took a while to walk all the way around the park. I just looked it up and it's apparently 1.5-2 miles around that park.

Of course he passed a long time ago. I kind of miss him. O:)

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Kirby has to modes. Crazy and sleep.

Peppercorn 10 year old pure breed
Kirby Shredder 19 months, 3/4 Lab and something else

Eric

GardenerX

Thanks for sharing guys I love hearing about the crazy things dogs do lol. Also very beautiful dogs Eric or should I say handsome? Regardless I love the pics and I'm sure everyone else here does as well. I was wondering does Kirby bug Peppercorn a lot like try to play and Peppercorn ignores him? My dog Neil is reaching adulthood and my lab mix pup tries to play with him constantly, but Neil has apparently outgrown his need to play, because he just lays there with a annoyed look on his face. Sometimes he will even roll over on top of Moonshine and just lays on him. Applestar nice story I would have loved to meet your dog he sounds awesome. Isn't it great when dogs do random things like that, it always makes me smile. :D Thanks again for sharing guys. :D

P.S. Moonshine is the name of my lab mix, as for the name I'm from the south nuff said lol. :D

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Both dogs are bitches. Can I say bitches on this site. Is bitches a bad word. :shock: :lol: :>

You can call them beautiful because they are female dogs.

Eric and his bitches

GardenerX

Ahhhhh ok, and I don't think its a bad word lol it means female dog so.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Eric I love the picture of your dog asleep with her face in her bowl. Yes it is OK to refer to your dogs as bitches. I have not had a dog for many years. I do have 2 cats. Talk about bitches! They demand to be fed at 6 A.M. Sallie Sue blows in my ear and paws my hair. Daisy Faye bounces off the wall using me as a spring board. All animal lovers have favorite stories. Dogs or cats our pets provide us with a great deal of affection and amusement. Thank you all for sharing your great stories and pictures.

GardenerX

Agreed :D , everyone feel free to share any stories of any of their pets it doesn't necessarily have to be about dogs. Thank you all for sharing and I'm sure we all are looking forward to hearing more. :D

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

BTW - GardenerX - love your signature picture.

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

Dog lovers always have that one memorable dog. Mine was named Bandete by my mother, but I just called her Bandit. Mutt, very pretty, blond, muscular, with a German Sheppard face, smartest dog I ever had. She would fetch the morning paper every day, played frisbee, you could put out a stick, sock, pinecone, her leash, a frisbee, and the newspaper, and say to her" Bandit, bring me ( whichever one I asked for) and she would always get it right. She went jogging with me, and would pull her leash off the hook and bring it to me when she saw me putting on my running shoes. That dog got me through college. I would be studying by the hour, hunched over my dining table, and all of a sudden a dog face would come up from below under my arm. She was saying, come on, take a break! She lived to 14 and I still miss her like it was yesterday. Its been 19 years. Sigh. :cry:

GardenerX

Thank you for sharing Juliuskitty she sounds perfect, my dog is smart but he wants people to think otherwise lol. He will do smart things for me then play dumb for others, also thank you ElizabethB I don't actually remember why I chose that as my signature pic but I'm glad I did :D .

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

You are welcome Gardenerx. All we have now are 2 cats we got from the shelter 3 months go. They are cute and sweet and totally useless!
I love them, but I am bugging my husband for a dog again. Just not the same. :|
Julius is one of the 2 new cats.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”