amylong
Cool Member

Re: What is your 2013 garden looking like?

everyone's garden look so nice and organized! it serves as inspiration and learning experience. This is my first time trying to grow anything and it has been a roller coaster ride. I am getting excited with the little milestones that may not mean much to others, but does to me:)

https://imgur.com/3Tmh2bB this is the first pepper flower!-.- I know not much, but I was feeling hopeless with my pepper plants since they kind of stopped growing and then I saw the tiny flower and was amazed.

Now I am thinking of planning for fall, I have some strawberries in a container and was thinking of bring it indoors for the winter. I am thinking of planting garlic since my family really like garlic. I want to try to grow some lettuce, but I don't know what kind of lettuce will do good in my area. Any suggestions? thanks:)

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

Your in the right place for grilling :) every year I get ideas from this type of thread !! I went from a couple of containers to the jungle I have :) it's so much fun!!

Everyone's gardens are looking great by the way!!

n8young
Cool Member

joed2323 wrote:gardening is addicting, its a healthy addiction, ive traded in my bad addictions in the past and this is my hobby that calms my nerves, and soothes the soul. I can be stressed out and pissed off, come home from work and take a stroll thru the garden, even picking weeds, makes me happy.

Every year, my garden expands, more and more, this may sound silly, but I want my shot at being a farmer, except I only want to grow vegetables, and work the farmers markets, and maybe sell to local resturants if I'm lucky. Looking at the supermarkets and seeing how much $ bell peppers, and the colored bell peppers are, makes a person wonder if you could make some extra bucks at growing vegetables.

I know farming doesnt make you rich, but as long as you can make ends meet and pay the bills, id be happy turning my backyard into something I could make some money off of, instead of spending 2 hours cutting grass

Sorry if this is off topic
You just summed up the transformation my mind has undergone in the past few years, since planting my first garden about 4 years ago. Oh to be free of the burden of money, and just to be able to farm....

jemsister

Cherry tomato, zucchini, crookneck squash, cucumbers behind that, then climbing peas (darn near expired now), and some bush beans. Peas, green beans, and zucchini are the fruits I have been able to enjoy so far. Can't wait for the crooknecks, cucumbers, and tomatoes!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”