WireNut45
Newly Registered

Billy Z from the garden state, NJ - What Is This Plant?

just started a few raised beds. tomatoes, peppers, beans, okra, pumpkin, cucumber, collard greens and swiss chard

I also have something growing that I am not quite sure what it is. I was hoping someone could help identify this
Attachments
What is this?
What is this?
IMG_0753[1].jpg (38.33 KiB) Viewed 619 times

webmaster
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, Billy!

I changed the title of this topic so that people browsing the forum can see that you are asking for a Plant ID. I then moved this post from the Intro Forum to the Plant ID forum because this topic is about Plant ID and members are more likely to find your question there. ;)

Good luck!
;)

Roger

MarcP

I'm sure it's something else but the way the flowers are clustering reminds me of common milkweed.

applestar
Mod

It really looks to me like a lettuce that has bolted--grew an elongated central stalk-- and is ready to bloom.
Is that likely -- did you have lettuce growing here?

WireNut45
Newly Registered

I bought it as a lettuce, but I think the summer heat made it flower. Not sure what kind of lettuce it is though?

applestar
Mod

I could make a great leap and guess that it's a variety of cos/romain lettuce, but it's a wild guess at best.

Mr_bobo_

WireNut45 wrote:I bought it as a lettuce, but I think the summer heat made it flower. Not sure what kind of lettuce it is though?
...that's natural... high temperatures make lettuce to grow up and have little like invisible flowers and seeds...

Return to “Plant Identification”