badgerdig
Newly Registered

sweet 100 cherry production

I planted 1 Sweet 100 this spring. We mixed sheep manure and black dirt 50/50 and made a bit of a mound to plant on. I have so far harvested over 1,750 tomatos. Is this unuasually high or not? I would like to know what everybody else is getting? This works out to be about 20 lbs. off of the 1 plant and they are still coming at the rate of 40- 60/day. I am in southeastern South Dakota so the season will be coming to an end in 3-4 weeks. Thanks for any info.

Zap

Seems very high to me, I'm jealous! I have 2 sweet 100's and have probably gotten a few hundred so far.

UncleDave

That is abnormally high. I'm not sure what caused that increase...What area are you from, what type of soil composition do you have and what type of climate/weather?

badgerdig
Newly Registered

I think it is high too. I didn't have time to pick last night so this evening I picked 163, there doesn't seem to be any stopping them. That brings the total to 1,998, mind boggling. I am not a big gardener, just sweet corn and tomatos and watermelons. My garden used to be a sand vollyball pit that I hauled a bunch of black dirt on and mixed in. 2 years ago we put 1 manure spreader of sheep manure on it along with some lawn fertilizer. This year we put a bit of a mound of 50% sheep manure and 50% black dirt that we had mixed together and planted the tomatos on it. I am in southeast South Dakota near Sioux Falls. The weather has been very warm and humid this year, I don't know if that is part of it or not. We are in the construction business so we have a 2,800 gallon water truck and I pull water out of our pond and water the garden with that. I felt that the outstanding production is over the top so I posted here to see if it is that abnormal. Thanks for the response.

lillgardnr

what made you start countng them :?: :)

badgerdig
Newly Registered

I don't know why, but I am a person that likes to keep track and compare. This is the first year that I have counted the tomatos and now that I did I will probably continue to do so just to compare.

Zap

lillgardnr wrote:what made you start countng them :?: :)
badgerdig wrote:I don't know why, but I am a person that likes to keep track and compare. This is the first year that I have counted the tomatos and now that I did I will probably continue to do so just to compare.
OCD? :D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”