Inky1231
Newly Registered

Rio samba bush badly deformed!

I need some help here. Last year I planted two Rio Samba Roses that did very well all season last year and were coming well. This year both roses survived but one was very deformed the one has very thin yellowish leaves and the buds are shaped like peanut shells... when they bloom they bloom only halfway. then die. The other has healthy leaves had has had a few buds (normal ones) but isn't as profuse as the deformed buds on the other bush. The deformed bush is now very close (wasn't that close last season) to a very large rather invasive rosebush (I don't know the breed bought it for $8 at walmart and the thing is literally taking over) so I thought maybe it is something to do with cross pollination but a Joseph's coat rose is also close to being overtaken and is just fine. Any advice on what to do with this bush is appreciated. :?: :?:

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Hi, The invading plant can be cut back. The Rio Samba, sounds like an insect of fungus damaging the bud and an early stage. Rio Samba are said to be quite disease resistant, Show us a picture. I've seen buds and flowers as you describe usually insect damage.

Richard

Inky1231
Newly Registered

valley wrote:Hi, The invading plant can be cut back. The Rio Samba, sounds like an insect of fungus damaging the bud and an early stage. Rio Samba are said to be quite disease resistant, Show us a picture. I've seen buds and flowers as you describe usually insect damage.

Richard
Richard, thanks for the reply, I did some more research on it yesterday and I think that bush may ahve Aphids... gonna deal accordingly.

Inky1231
Newly Registered

BTW as to the invading bush that thing is like a hydra.. cut one stem and two more grow off of the cut part!

Return to “Rose Forum”