JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Aww, dangit....I screwed up.

So I went out to do a little gardening, and I noticed a pretty big problem. The two "cherry" tomato plants I put in large containers are CLEARLY different from each other. Way different size, and a clear difference in foliage color and to a lesser degree shape. Somewhere along the way something went wrong. Either:

1) my pack of seeds actually had 2 different varieties in there...

or more likely,

2) I mislabeled one during planting or up-potting.

If it is #2, that likely means one of the other plants that I either planted elsewhere or gave away is the missing cherry tomato plant. It also could mean that one of the maters in my primary mater patch isn't what its supposed to be.

You see, this is what happens when Sierra Nevada Brewing Company is my gardening companion.....

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

That calls for a large brandy.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Sorry to hear I have been there. Mine may have been bud light or 'other' induced though. :D

A few years back I tried the peat pellets (never again I must say). But I put in all my seeds of different variety's. I made a map of what everything was. When they went in the garden a bunch were what I planted but not what I thought the particular pant was. So some got missed and my dwarfs were planted in the garden and my cherry's were planted in pots. it was suppose to be the other way around.

Not a happy camper that year.

Good luck Jay poc.

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Lol...gixx. I've been down the peat ball hell road too. A couple years back I organized my maters in a long peat ball tray. I think the tray was 2 cells wide and about a dozen cells long. Anyway, like you I mapped out what was where. One day while at work, a big wind came up and blew the tray off the ledge. Most of the plants survived but were scattered all about. I just picked the healthiest ones and went with it...I certainly wasn't going to start over at that point...

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Sorry but :lol:

Yeah never again. I label all containers, even like to put tags in each pot just to save time later.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”