WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Go Plus Garden Outdoor Greenhouse 10'x7'x7' (reviews?)

So hubby bought me a new greenhouse off of Ebay for my Mummy Day pressie this year (yay!) since my old one bit the dust mostly due to a tree falling on it last year :eek: Though I take heart it bit the dust through no fault of our own. My question being has anyone bought or used or heard reviews on this greenhouse? (link below for the listing for the one he bought me) I can't find a company web site, etc, nothing online, other than other listings for it being sold through various retailers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/350784260212?ss ... 1497.l2649

Hubby is going to build me a bench shelf system for it as well as do various other things to it to make it more sturdy, I love the fact that the frame is made of galvanized steel and uses bolts etc. We plan on putting it on the deck (a huge building permit fee is required if we put it anywhere else) which gets a considerable amount of updraft winds below it that come up through the deck so a tarp will be laid down to block the cold winds from coming up underneath and into the greenhouse. This is for use starting next season I should add, it's not needed this season. We have a nice sized heater to use in it, I think he said it's a ceramic heater with a built in fan, plus an outdoor light to be installed in it etc.

I would love to know what people think of it if you have one! TIA

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Greetings, I can't imagine paying a bribe to the greedy blood suckers to set this up. People put up tents in their backyards for the kids to play in. I'd set it up it isn't that big. If the local government comes out threatening to knock down your house or levy fines then put it on the deck. Temporary structures should be exempt, this greenhouse will have no foundation right? Above ground swimming pools don't require a permit. Never ask about a permit about a temporary item.

Didn't mean to go on about that. Set it up and show us a few pictures. People park cars and work on them in their yard. Put this in the yard, where you want it, and your husband can work on it as he would a car.

Have a great day, enjoy your greenhouse.

Richard

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Problem is they do check here in our town. They regularly go out and inspect every so often, we even have an inspector for grass height. No one builds here unless due to insurance claims. The fee for the permit is like 250 and I have no idea what the fine is. I will ask hubby about setting it up in the grass but I don't know if it's possible or not. It's on order so it won't arrive for a while yet but I am also limited as to where I can put it even if I can put it out in the grass. We have large fields on our property and I need to make sure I can easily walk to it (I have a bad hip). The back deck all I have to do is walk out the patio and turn and the deck is right there.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Wow, Is it the city or Homeowners association? Well, best of luck. That greenhouse is going to be fun, plants do so much better in one.

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

Yes it's city. I've had green houses before so I know the virtues of having one well lol. My last one just bit the dust though and am squeaking by using other means to cover plants for now until after tonight. This new one is about twice the size of the old one and better built so far as I can tell from the looks of the frame. Will know more when it arrives. I just hope someone here might have one and can give me a review on how they like theirs.

Return to “Greenhouse Forum”