wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Plant id--houseplant

Saw what appeared to be a new variety of pothos--one that had the same colouration pattern as a "Striptease" hosta: dark green with a light green to cream strip down the centre! Every leaft was the same! I was tempted to ask for a cutting, but since I was in a lodge in AK, and it would be several days before I got home, I had to bite my tongue! Any ideas?

Happy Gardening,
Wingdesigner

Natural Designs

I used to work in the greenhouse at ASU and we had some verigated pathos that look like that. Not all the leaves were the same but most were. I think a cutting was taken from a (co-domination) spotted verigated plant that had a mutation.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Wow, thanks for the lead. I was thinking no one has seen it. There were several 6-8" hanging baskets in the lobby, full of them. Maybe I'll write the lodge and see if they'll mail me a cutting? Yeah. It takes about 2-3weeks to get from AK to MI, they'll be D-E-A-D by the time they get here. Sigh. Guess I'll keep looking. Maybe pester a local nursery and see if I get anywhere.

Happy Gardening.
Wingdesigner

Natural Designs

I'll be on the lookout for one. I'm in Arkansas, so if I see one anytime soon I'll let you know, maybe I could get you some cuttings.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Thanks, ND, I'd appreciate it.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”