yoshigames
Newly Registered

My aloe plant doesn't look good please help

Hello,
I have an aloe plant that looked crowded and the roots were coming out of the bottom. I transplanted with potting soil into a bigger pot and during so took of leaves that had black spots and looked dead. Since re-potting I have watered a few times because it has leaves that are drooping and now bent. Now I think these leaves are dead because they have black spots that are indents. The plant does have new growth in the middle so I have hope. It is on a table next to a window that gets indirect sunlight in the morning and next to a wall heater. It is about 30 degrees outside so I am concerned that is too cold. Please help I think I'm killing it.

notnot
Newly Registered

don't overwater your plant, let the soil dry a little before you water it again. use a well drain soil, such as cactus mix or sandy soil. give it alot of light.

UrbanGardenDiva

If its root mass was large I would trim it back a bit. Make sure to have well draining soil. Also, indirect sunlight for a few hours isn't going to do much for the plant in winter. Can you post a picture?

baileysup
Green Thumb

An aloe that has leaves with black spots and indents have been receiving too much water. I know this because it happened to mine when I fist got it. You can let the soil dry out, and even keep it dry for a while before you water again. They really can go a while without water.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

As your plant gets better/or, update this thread so we learn with you. Thankyou

richard

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”