WHERE TO BUY LIGHTS

I need to increase my lighting before my next up-pot in order to have enough space. I'd like to have another 4 bulb T8, but I guess 2-2 bulb ones would work. Does anyone know anywhere I can find a deal online or elsewhere to save me some money? The cheapest one my local lowes had today was 50 bucks, and that is actually the light I'm using now. I also know about and have seen the 11 dollar, 2 bulb light at Walmart. I just didn't know if anyone had an idea of any deals around.

One other question...

The light I have, which is the lowes "utilitech" 4 bulb, has the top "shield" that forces all the light downward. The walmart one I saw doesn't have this. Will this effect my plants at all as far as how much light they get?

Thanks in advance...

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

I have used the ones with the ones with the shield and ones without, and ones that don't come with a shield but I made one and wrappes it with aluminum. My plants react better to the one wrapped in foil. However it reduces your area effected under the lights. The other 2 have no barring they grow the same. I am an advocate of 1bulb at 6500k and 1 at 2700k. That combo is great. Cheapo T12's work just fine

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”