imafan26
Mod

What do you do on rainy days?

Well, its been raining a few days now. I miss going outside, but I can see that the weeds and grass are loving the rain.
Stuck inside I am de cluttering my desk
Going through seed catalogs deciding what I want to order and plant this year
Watching tv, because I really hate housework!
Eventually, I will have to get up and fix that toilet.

What do you do on rainy days? 8)

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I have the luck to live in an older house that does require a bit of maintenance from time to time to keep things looking good. When it's raining out and I can't do any work in the yard or outside the house, I sometimes head down into my woodworking shop and fiddle with a project or simply clean up and organize things.

Right now I"m nursing a rotator cuff injury that is healing very slowly so hitting the weights is out of the question with the exception of leg and ab work.

Being retired gives me a lot of time to get things done. Truth is, I do most all the housework, cooking, cleaning, etc. as my wife works full time Monday-Friday. I love cooking and have an evening meal cooked every day.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

I go sit up in the balcony at Muppet Theater on rainy days and heckle the acts...

tomf
Super Green Thumb

tomc wrote:I go sit up in the balcony at Muppet Theater on rainy days and heckle the acts...
:lol:
A few of the things I do.
I play music, guitar, keys, bass, harmonica and sing. Photography, Photoshop, 3d art and animation, video editing and effects, and composite all of them together into pictures or movies. Electronics projects, and repairs. Read; lots of manuals mostly. There are all kinds of home projects to do. I have made some furniture. I like to cook and need to clean. Some times just laz around with the TV. Oh go on line. I am trying to get in better shape so I'm trying to work out more. I am starting to work out more. I will ski in a storm as the snow is good then. It is storming today, I was going today but the winds are 45 to 55mph with 85mph gusts, it is dumping snow although.
Best of all I spend time with my wife.
Last edited by tomf on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_bobo_

I can ask the same for snowing days...
...here winter was never been that long...
...snow still fallen... its annoying...
...only green oasis is in my room... where I have plants which can't survive winter... and my Easter cactus start bloom...

Well, I spend time on internet as usual... little games, chit-chat with friends...
Watching SCI-Fi series which I like and not watching so far...
Check what's new here... and can I write some comment which can help someone...
Well, internet is my window in the world and I love it...

tomf
Super Green Thumb

When some one posts a link to their garden photos like you I take a look.

Mr_bobo_

...you have link in my signature of my garden... so take a look... :)

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I did. You like close ups of flowers, cool.

I almost forgot the most important thing according to my cat. play with her and pet her.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

tomf wrote:. . . It is storming today, I was going today but the winds are 45 to 55mph with 85mph gusts, it is dumping snow although.
Best of all I spend time with my wife.
You didn't really have 85mph gusts y'day, did you TomF??? You are talking about up on Mt Hood, right? Good Heavens!

I was frustrated by 35+mph gusts with blowing snow/rain yesterday. 33°F for a high . . . really unpleasant outside . . . by my standards :wink: .

Today, the morning is bright & sunny! My project, building a new hoophouse in my neighbor's garden is really stalled, tho'. He doesn't go to work until after 1pm! I gotta give him time to sleep and yet, the afternoons have been miserable for the last few days. . . by my standards.

Steve

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Yes that was on Mt. Hood. Mt. Hood stands alone and above all the other mountains close to it, so it can get some nasty weather.
Digits one word for cold wet weather; Goretex.
I have been above the tree line when a white out rolls in fast.
Once I went off a cornice that had a big drop off with out knowing it was there, when I landed I hit my face on my skis and got blood on them. Another time I was in an area where I knew there was a large drop off when two guys skied by me. I tried to tell them it was there, but they just took off, so I followed them. When one of them disappeared I knew he went over the ledge, so I made a turn away from the drop off. I skied around to the bottom and saw he was beat up but not in need of a rescue.
I have been in many white outs and have learned to respect the mountain and it's weather.
They have placed poles with orange flags along the main run down so you can use them as a guid in a white out, but one is not always in that area.
Every year people get killed on the mountains out here, and most years we loose some on Mt. Hood. A number of people climb to the top without the right gear, or fall and slide to their deaths. The news always says they were experienced climbers, but I do not think any one that knew what they were doing would climb with out the right clothes and gear.
We get skiers and snowboarders killed a bit as well, I think most of them were out of control. I was skiing one day when a skier fell and a snowboarder hit him in the head with his board, and then just took off. The skier died from the impact.

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”