Alka
Newly Registered

How to Shape a Bonsai?

Hello everyone,

I have a Zanthoxylum bonsai...I've had it for a month or so. In the beginning it was placed in a sunny place and it didn't go too well. But now I moved it, keep on watering it every day and it goes relaly well with it. New leafes are coming out and the leaves are green and shiny as they were when I got it.
The thing is that I don't know anything about taking care of a bonsai tree, this is my first and I was hoping that one og you guys could give me some advices. Or at least guide me to some places on the web where I can find out. I skipped through some web sites and saw that this kind of bonsai is definitely not for beginners :( and it said something that it's pretty difficult to take care of and that there is not much documentation on it...:(

I really hope to get some answers from you guys!
Thanks! :)

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Alka,

I have not seen a lot of information on this species and don't own one myself. There have been a few threads here about them but most are by growers who are still learning.
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/search.php?mode=results
I'm afraid that a quick review of the threads does not reveal a lot of useful information.

I know that trees with compound leaves can present styling challenges and I can only remember seeing one exceptional specimen of this species. Please read the sticky threads at the top of the forum for basic care information. Sorry I can't be of more assistance and welcome to the site by the way.

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”