ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Scrooge is gone

I was supposed to go to Mom's yesterday but had a bad stomach and didn't go. Went today - unpacking and hanging all of her ornaments - some as old as I am! Such good memories :!: Decorated her tree and put out decorations around the house. I could see the stress leaving her. I was there from 9:30 to 6:30. My hips are killing me from all of the bending and stooping but my heart is light :D

I got my Christmas Groove Back :D :!: :D

Ready to head out early tomorrow and get my shopping done. :clap:

That is my MISSION :!: I will get it done tomorrow - no excuses :!:

Have Christmas music playing :!:

Have any of you ever heard Mannheim Steamroller? Their arrangement of "Silent Night" makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck :!: The MOST amazing arrangement of that old Christmas classic that I have ever heard :!: If you haven't heard it - treat yourself.

Merry Christmas one and all :!:

prettygurl

I haven't been in the Christmas mood until yesterday. I have so much going on this year that it has been hard to focus on caring about Christmas. I'm melting!!!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Got a box all packed this AM to mail to my sister in Albuquerque NM. It has a couple little presents for her and her son and a gift basket with a tin of lavender biscotti, a canister packed full of homemade candies, a pretty decorative soap dish with a bar of homemade lavender-vanilla soap, a jar of sage-citrus hand cream, three little canisters of different herbal tea blends.

I get these little tea canisters for 65 cents:

https://www.enjoyingtea.com/smensqca1oz.html

The box will go to the P.O. today and that is my last thing to go in the mail. Now there's just a bit more wrapping (I like to take my time and turn my packages in to works of art! :) ) and keeping on baking and house cleaning. The first house guests arrive tomorrow! :)

Merry Christmas and /or Happy Holidays!!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Time to go home from work, company is already waiting for me there. House all clean and decorated, two presents left to wrap and a few gift baskets left to assemble, but basically I'm all ready for Christmas. Bring it on! :) Happy Holidays!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”