Christophe
Newly Registered

Growing the new agastaches

Anyone growing the new varieties of agastache? I grew black adder and sangria last year and they were superb. Got couple more for next summer.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Oh man... I have GOT to stay away from this forum! The list of things I want to grow keeps expanding, way faster than the room to grow them does!

I've grown anise hyssop for years, just the standard a. foeniculum, probably blue fortune variety. I love it and have lately been finding more uses for it - e.g. strawberry/anise hyssop jam!

But I looked up your black adder. It is gorgeous. The standard anise hyssop is great to have for bees, butterflies, and use as an herb, but it is not very striking looking in the garden.

sigh....

Christophe
Newly Registered

Hiya. Sangria is a lovely pink, 4 feet or so high, erect and well behaved. Very striking. Black adder has inky blue n black flowers and slightly taller and bushier but a beauty. They give height to the border too and look great with ornamental grasses. So, you gonna try them?

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

rainbowgardener......Now clutter in the garden.. :oops: LMFAO

But at least if it's in the garden the birds love us for it. :wink:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Green Mantis wrote:rainbowgardener......Now clutter in the garden.. :oops: LMFAO

But at least if it's in the garden the birds love us for it. :wink:
Oh yes! If you start talking about plants, then maybe I am a hoarder ("I want more!"). But plants hoarded as seeds don't take up much room, and when the flower bed gets too full, there's not a lot of negative consequences. :) I do keep working on giving away the excess, though.

Return to “Perennials”