bell7283

Pics of the varieties I grew this season.

Chocolate Strip, Green Zebra, Pink Beauty, Early Girl, Small Grape, Big Boy, Roma, Black Cherry.

[img]https://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w447/bell7283/DSC_0618.jpg[/img]

I bought my Heirloom seeds on the site below, I thought they were great. They hybrid plants I bought started at the local farm.

https://www.dianeseeds.com/tomato.html

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Hw does the green zebra taste?

zebraman

I have ordered seeds many times from dianeseeds.com and I have always gotten great results. The "Black Cherry" tomatoes in bell7283's photo isn't Black Cherry. BC's are round and not oval. I have grown BC's for a couple of years and have found them to be somewhat bland. They don't live up to the hype!

thepumpkin

Are the green ones fully matured or did you collect them earlier? First time I see such ones (if matured).

We had some yellow ones this year, forgot to take pics though

edelweiss

Hello, I was wondering how do ,Black Cherry' tomatoes taste, because I never heard about them.

zebraman

The green ones in the photo above are Green Zebra, and they are green when ripe. They too have a rather bland taste. A really great tasing GWR (Green when Ripe) is Spears Tennessee Green or Aunt Ruby's Green.
Black cherry have a similr taste to Cherokee Purple but not as pronounced. I prefer the taste Of Matt's Wild Cherry, which is red and not black. It has a taste that is usually found in larger heirloom tomatoes. I find most other cherry tomatoes to be sweet and bland.

edelweiss

Hello and thank you :)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”