TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

Time for a BLT!!

Those are Cherokee Purples (my favorite), Green Zebras (a bit small for some reason) and Mr. Stripey (my wife's favorite).

I've had 1-2 off each plant in the previous week or two, but this is my first significant harvest.

I pulled my [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=267762#267762]sick/dead plants about two weeks ago[/url], and these three remaining plants still look OK, so maybe whatever "it" is, didn't spread. [knock wood].

Time to fry some bacon!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Very nice.

Funny I guessed all of the variety's from the pic before I scrolled down.

mmmfloorpie

TheWaterbug wrote:Image

Those are Cherokee Purples (my favorite), Green Zebras (a bit small for some reason) and Mr. Stripey (my wife's favorite).

I've had 1-2 off each plant in the previous week or two, but this is my first significant harvest.

I pulled my [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=267762#267762]sick/dead plants about two weeks ago[/url], and these three remaining plants still look OK, so maybe whatever "it" is, didn't spread. [knock wood].

Time to fry some bacon!
Can we get a pic of your bacon plant? :P

lucy2423
Newly Registered

mmmfloorpie wrote:
TheWaterbug wrote:Image

Time to fry some bacon!
Can we get a pic of your bacon plant? :P
lol If a bacon plant exists, I want one! lol

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

I'm still working on the patent* for the bacon plant. Meantime, here's a plate of sliced heirlooms, with plenty of salt & pepper:

* which I would, of course, put immediately into the public domain!

edit: typo
Last edited by TheWaterbug on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

duplicate

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Nice that looks yummy.

But now I have to clean my screen from licking it. They looked that good. :lol:

lucy2423
Newly Registered

TheWaterbug wrote:I'm still working on the patent* for the bacon plant. Meantime, here's a plate of sliced heirlooms, with plenty of salt & pepper:

* which I would, of course, put immediately into the public domain!

edit: typo
That looks absolutely delicious!!! *drool*

Ohio Tiller
Green Thumb

I have enough tomatoes for the BLTs but I have to wait for my pig to come back from the butcher! It is due back on the 18th and I CAN"T wait for all that wonderful bacon. I love a BLT all made from stuff I grew and or baked. Well the wife is the baker I am the gardener and the cook but she does all the baking.

Fresh homemade bread
vine ripe tomatoes
home grown no steroids bacon
IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Ohio Tiller wrote:I have enough tomatoes for the BLTs but I have to wait for my pig to come back from the butcher! It is due back on the 18th and I CAN"T wait for all that wonderful bacon. I love a BLT all made from stuff I grew and or baked. Well the wife is the baker I am the gardener and the cook but she does all the baking.

Fresh homemade bread
vine ripe tomatoes
When should we come over for dinner again? I missed that part. :lol: Oh and is it a BYOT (Bring Your Own Toamto)? Thanks, Dono

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Ohio Tiller wrote:I have enough tomatoes for the BLTs but I have to wait for my pig to come back from the butcher! It is due back on the 18th and I CAN"T wait for all that wonderful bacon. I love a BLT all made from stuff I grew and or baked. Well the wife is the baker I am the gardener and the cook but she does all the baking.

Fresh homemade bread
vine ripe tomatoes
I'd like to hear more about the bacon hog. Start a new thread please. 2 Tamworths and a outdoor bread oven are on the list. :wink:

Eric

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:I'd like to hear more about the bacon hog. Start a new thread please. 2 Tamworths and a outdoor bread oven are on the list. :wink:
So it's a tiller, a fertilizer machine, and a bacon machine, all in one?

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

TheWaterbug wrote:
DoubleDogFarm wrote:I'd like to hear more about the bacon hog. Start a new thread please. 2 Tamworths and a outdoor bread oven are on the list. :wink:
So it's a tiller, a fertilizer machine, and a bacon machine, all in one?
Awesome can I get one at Wal Mart?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

It's a cultivator and a fertilizer spreader for about 6 months. Not sure how long the bacon will last. :wink: :lol:

Eric

btrowe1

BYOT now thats funny.. :lol: No really that plate and the maters look really good...

Ohio Tiller
Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:It's a cultivator and a fertilizer spreader for about 6 months. Not sure how long the bacon will last. :wink: :lol:

Eric

With me around not very long!!! I do love me some good bacon!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”