pisceskyuu
Newly Registered

Did I grow super tomato plants?

Hello, I just started gardening this year and am growing several types of tomatoes. One of them is an heirloom variety called Pantano Romanesco and I used two different methods of sprouting. When comparing the two methods the plants look completely different even though they are the same variety, and both produce healthy tomatoes... Can someone tell me what typical size the leaves reach and is the color of the leaves a darker or lighter green for this particular variety? In one method the plant grows much larger leaves(2x the other method) that are a much darker green. also, the plant has much thicker stems and is taller. in both methods I used the same variety of heirloom seeds(same packet), same soil, same amount of water, same amount of sun light, just different sprouting methods. No artifcial anything!... Do leaves on any variety of tomato plant reach the length of your hand or longer? I think I may have grown super tomato plants!... but I am a beginner so would like know other's opinions

pic of a leaf from my tomato plant(super?)... https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q640/pisceskyuu/tomatoleaf.jpg

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Even though its a heirloom it could have had parent plants and reverted back to one! It also sounds like one got more nitrogen for some reason!

pisceskyuu
Newly Registered

Bobberman wrote:Even though its a heirloom it could have had parent plants and reverted back to one! It also sounds like one got more nitrogen for some reason!
yes one method must have supplied something the other was missing :wink: ... what I'm wondering is what are the usual characteristics of patnano romanesco so I have an idea if one method grew super plants or if the other method just grew super unhealthy plants.

if anyone who has grown these could tell me about color, leaf size, etc. I could have a better idea of whats really going on...

also, I grew several plants in each method so it is very likey not the plants reverting back to a parent plant :)

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

You better patent the better method!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”