luvthesnapper

What Got At This Cluster?

I would have had my first ever "close to perfect as I can get" cluster of toms, but something got to them I think. Are they worm holes?

[img]https://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd154/tonytwotime_2007/SN852259.jpg[/img]

barrelslime

hard to say, slugs, or tomato worm possibly

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

I don't like the looks of that. It looks like bacterial spot or canker either one I would discard the tomatoes as well as the plant then burn them. sorry

luvthesnapper

The plant is fine though. Greener than ever. Not all the tomatoes have this, just these couple.

MaryDel

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47652

They poke a hole in the tomato and suck out a little juice, then move on to another and another and another.........lol, just noticed you were from Delaware also.

Good luck :cry:

"Last summer, there was a major infestation of the brown, three-quarter-inch bugs in homes throughout the mid-Atlantic, the worst reports coming from West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.

In this area, people are literally finding thousands in their homes," reports Tracy Leskey, a research entomologist with the USDA in Kearneysville, W.Va.

They're just a stinky nuisance for many, but the bugs can be devastating to farmers.

They feed on a wide range of important food crops," Hoelmer says. Crops such as sweet corn, apples, pears, grapes, berries, peaches, tomatoes and peppers appear to be the most vulnerable."

This is a very serious problem

Garf
Green Thumb

Looks like tomato fruit worm damage. The little ones.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”