rachaellemmon
Newly Registered

Rose of sharon transplant

Hello, all. I was taking a walk and noticed that my good neighbor had a ton of Rse of sharon in the lawn waste bin. I could not help myself, so she gave me a few as she pulled them out . They're young seedlings, ranging from 3-4 feel tall . a few of them look very droopy and leaves limp. I know its a shock and the wrong time of year , but I figured whats the harm in trying since they were going to dye in the bin. Any advice as to what I could do to help them make it ? If I take the flower buds off whould that help them ? seems thats what they use all they're energy for , leaves are hanging but the flowers are opening . Thanks in advance!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Put them in a buck of water right away and plant them any time for the next few weeks . They will kee just with the water I have a 4 foot one I pulled out in water for two weeks now and its just like knew. They tranplant and catch in a few days. Just keep them wattered. Do not pull the blossoms it will do nothing but loose you flowers for this year! I must have gives a 100 away in the last 5 years!They make a nice hedge also! You can plant then a foot or een two feet appart and they will grow!

rachaellemmon
Newly Registered

Thanks! Living at the top of a sunny dry hill , Ill see what I can do to provide more shade for them . I have been watering them but didnt want to over do it ...some of the leaves are yellowing , but the flowers continue to open. I think them might be unsightly this year... but next year they may be just fine. I wont die from they're haggard appearance ... seeing how I took them to create a screen between me and my neighbors horrible yard I don't think they are making it any worse! haha

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”