RRMN
Newly Registered

What kind of succulent is this and how do I divide

View the picture here https://rrmm.shutterfly.com/pictures/10
Thanks for your help

lorax
Greener Thumb

Looks like a Sedum of some sort; you can divide it by taking it out of the pot and gently teasing the roots, by cutting the whole ball of plant in half, and you can also cut those long stems and root them in cactus medium.

RRMN
Newly Registered

Thank you - I appreciate it

hmbell3
Newly Registered

I have one of these. They're very unweildy! I got rid of mine last year because it made such a mess with the little seeds it produces. It will produce a bloom too, which it looks like yours already have some.
Since these are so big and messy, I just keep planting the seeds and get rid of the plant when it gets too big. I'd cut off what you want to divide and water into dirt give it time to root and you

hmbell3
Newly Registered

I have one of these. They're very unweildy! I got rid of mine last year because it made such a mess with the little seeds it produces. It will produce a bloom too, which it looks like yours already has some.
Since these are so big and messy, I just keep planting the seeds and get rid of the plant when it gets too big. I'd cut off what you want to divide and water into dirt. Give it time to root and you should be in business.

RRMN
Newly Registered

Thank you

RRMN
Newly Registered

Thank you

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”