cubs204

Frost Damaged Tomatoes - Should I Replant?

About a week ago 2 of the 3 tomato plants I have in (1 Better Boy and 1 Better Bush) got pretty badly damaged in a frost we had. The Better Boy had about 80% of its leaves burnt to a crisp, but almost no stem damage. The Better Bush was nearly 100% leaf damage, but again almost no stem damage.

Last night I checked them and the Better Boy has really rebounded from the areas that werent damaged, and the Better Bush is sending up new growth as well (just not near as much as the other).

I was planning on replanting these two this weekend or next, but now am unsure. Will they still produce plenty, or will they have been set back too far?

cubs204

Thanks, I don't have much more room so I will probably let them go and see what happens, hopefully the better bush will still give me some fairly early toms. Plus, the Mr. Stripey that wasnt hit with frost is starting to flower, so I may get some from that fairly early. 3" of rain in 2 days, hope we get some sun today and then they should really take off.

cubs204

I'm definitely going to let them go now, they rebounded with a fury over the last couple of days and the Better Boy is almost back to its original size.

Duets

Sounds great, tomatoes are hardy plants & can overcome what we may thnk they are unable to endure!!

cubs204

Duets wrote:Sounds great, tomatoes are hardy plants & can overcome what we may thnk they are unable to endure!!
They've fully recovered and are producing flowers now :D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”