nancygene

I will never order roses from a catalog again

I ordered 3 Knock Out Rose bushes from one of those catalog places that sells seeds and plants. These poor things were so small and fragile, I do not think they will take root and thrive. Yesterday I went to Meijer Food Store and bought Knock Out Rose bushes that were huge by comparison for a dollar more per plant. Go figure...That is the second time I have ordered live plants from a catalog and been disappointed. I am vowing this will not happen to me again...javascript:emoticon(':cry:')

SUNSHYN
Newly Registered
Location: NAVARRE, FL (1 MILE FROM GULF & 30 MILES E. OF PENSACOLA)

nancygene wrote:I ordered 3 Knock Out Rose bushes from one of those catalog places that sells seeds and plants. These poor things were so small and fragile, I do not think they will take root and thrive. Yesterday I went to Meijer Food Store and bought Knock Out Rose bushes that were huge by comparison for a dollar more per plant. Go figure...That is the second time I have ordered live plants from a catalog and been disappointed. I am vowing this will not happen to me again...javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
I can empathise with you. You might be surprised to see that your Knockout Rose can thrive. :) When I can not find a rose I want locally, I search online. I have had good and not so good luck with mail order cataloges. I recently ordered four beauties from Heirloom Roses online after Googling for PURPLE roses. I wanted a REALLY purple rose and found it along with several others. Even though the total cost for 4 small plants was not cheap, there is a lot to be said for quality. They are all great little plants that should be awesome in time. Please don't give up on mail order when you can not purchase from local merchants. :D :D

nancygene

I wonder if this site could add a section on best places to order plants based on opinions from those who have found the larger, better quality plants or the places that have the plants that are really hard to find?

Return to “Rose Forum”