Ruffsta
Green Thumb

just a thought...

wondering if it would be possible to convert one of the following into a plant incubator/grow box.. so plants grow faster. wondering how much work it would take to convert from cold to heat with digital temp panel..

[img]https://www.acitydiscount.com/pics/std/peachtrader/n28914.jpg[/img]

[img]https://www.koolairefridge.com/Pdf/KoolAire-MK35GD.JPG[/img]

or even a regular fridge/freezer... tho it wouldn't look as nice as either of the 2 shown above.

possible to bring some plants to full growth in them I believe or at the very least nice and big plants ready to go outside....
Last edited by Ruffsta on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

nes
Green Thumb

People do it to make incubators for eggs all the time, so I would bet fairly easily :)

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

yeah for eggs, but how well would it work for plants?

stryper

well I would think that if it can be done for eggs, then plants "should" be similar.

Your converting the cooling to heat, which is 'simple'.

The only thing I'd think you would have to add would be ventilation for humidity control. Something with an intake on the bottom and exhaust on the top. So you'd probably have to cut holes in through the outside.

Grant I am not an engineer but that would seem to be a logical way to go about it.

With the appropriatly placed lighting I don't really see a problem with it.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

hmm.. now if I could only get my hands on a unit... :lol:

I think it would be awesome to have one of these honestly.. I think my plants would do much better in it - especially my pepper and tomato plants.

ebay has a few.. but they are so far away.. shipping would be the killer.. haven't seen any place around me getting rid of any as of yet. I'll keep looking.

nes
Green Thumb

You can ask at a local dump, even get the guys to call you if one comes in.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”