Ruffsta
Green Thumb

SEED GAME (3) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!

well, we recently had 2 seed game contests and the winners were:

SEED GAME (1): Peapicker
SEED GAME (2): cinnie0

GAME RULES:
1.) you must be an active member with a MINIMUM OF ONE MONTH ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AND A MINIMUM OF 50 POSTS. NO POSTING OF FLUFF TO QUALIFY OR ELSE YOUR POSTING PRIVILEGES WILL BE REVOKED. (WEBMASTER)

2.) you must only select 1 open number, read the posts before selecting a number because I may not have had a chance to update the list.. first come - first serve!

3.) if atleast 5 full members call for a "re-game" - their reasoning must be proven... if justified, the game in question will be re-started.

3a.) if webmaster declares cheating has been at work by multiple member accounts or any other form, the game will go into a "re-game". the webmaster may add/change the seed game rules if he sees fit.

4.) you must have your location listed in your profile.. I will not ship seeds overseas unless it is identical to USA postage (meaning I do not have to declare anything or worry about customs).. EXAMPLE: Luria and I have traded seeds before with no issues... her postage is identical and no customs worries.

if you do not meet these requirements, your post will be ignored. play fair or do not play at all!

so without further-ado - welcome to SEED GAME (3)... this game you are playing for a chance of 20 surprise seed varieties... our biggest prize as of yet.

** For seed games, Staff ARE allowed to play, afterall, they do not have control over the winner... so, it's fair and safe for them to play and donate as well.

good luck to everyone! Thank you for playing..

1.) webmaster - just to fill up the game
2.) t925 - approved just to fill up the game
3.) raspberryred
4.) ruggr10
5.) zdawgnight
6.) Luria
7.) peapicker
8.) Wort
9.) jnunez918
10.) Father's Daughter
11.) amalgamate
12.) GardenGnome
13.) lorax
14.) Royiah
15.) mtmickey

** I ask that this seed game be made a sticky throughout game play..

UPDATES:
anyone that would like to donate seeds for future seed games, please pm me with title "SEED GAME DONATION", so arrangements can be made. 15 seeds per variety donation minimum so that there is enough build-up for future games.

RE-GAMES: 1
SEED GAME (3) x1- justified by members and webmaster

GAME SPONSORS:
Ruffsta
stella1751
Peapicker
GardenGnome

webmaster?
Last edited by Ruffsta on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 am, edited 24 times in total.

raspberryred

number 3

jnunez918

#9 please

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

12... thanks

webmaster
Site Admin

Just a note that this game has inspired someone to join and post fifty fluff posts. That's not what the requirement of fifty posts is about. So I changed the rules of the game to this:

GAME RULES:
1.) you must be an active member with a MINIMUM OF ONE MONTH ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP. NO POSTING OF FLUFF TO QUALIFY OR ELSE YOUR POSTING PRIVILEGES WILL BE REVOKED. (WEBMASTER)

Apologies to Ruffsta. :oops:

GardenerTeen
Newly Registered

Do you have to live in the US to play?

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Guess that depens on the game maker. Would you know how much it cost to send mail from the U.S.? Also your not at a one month mark.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Very strange... posting fifty fluff posts seems like a whole lot of work to go to to get the POSSIBILITY of winning a few bucks worth of seeds! It's not like it's the mega Lotto!

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Lol you know how I found this forum was looking for free walking onions.
But I also paid for the postage and gave them seeds.
Some people are just greedy I also have seeds on the way to ruffsta for the game and what ever him/her wants to keep.... I hope I don't win my seeds back that would suck lol.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:Very strange... posting fifty fluff posts seems like a whole lot of work to go to to get the POSSIBILITY of winning a few bucks worth of seeds! It's not like it's the mega Lotto!
I was thinking the same thing. I don't understand why anyone would cheat you can get free seeds all over the internet pretty much. People are offering up free seeds on lots of gardening sites.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Ruffsta wrote:....

** For seed games, Staff ARE allowed to play, afterall, they do not have control over the winner... so, it's fair and safe for them to play and donate as well.
Ah...who is/are "Staff"? Do you mean "moderators"? Just to clarify: moderators are volunteers. We are not paid, we have no ownership % of the forum. Webmaster is the sole owner (so far as I personally know) of the forum.

TIA for any clarification. :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

stella1751
Greener Thumb

I think the postings about the lottery are on the money. I've thought about what happened in seed game #2, and I really think it was mass hysteria (or whatever) caused by the mega lottery. People wanted to win. It didn't matter what they won, just that they won something. So, they went a little crazy. Odds are high they wouldn't have shared the seeds with their seed-lottery-pool members if they had won :lol:

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

@cynthia_h

staff are all mods, webmaster.. anyone with controls to the forum. I know staff are not paid. on my former game I had article writers, help-desk operators, mods, head mods, jr admin and myself - I know staff are not paid but are those that volunteer and are trusted by the webmaster that have certain controls to the forum.. the higher you are the more privileges you have. if he ever needs another, I will certainly volunteer.

@webmaster
thank you for altering the rules.. you have the right to in order to make the games fun and honest. I appreciate that you did that.

@GardenerTeen
I personally will not send seeds overseas.. as for anyone else on here - I cannot speak for them.. each member does things their own way.

@GardenGnome
lol, I am a he... and I would make sure you didn't get your donated seeds if you won. :)

yes, I agree I find it very selfish/greedy for someone to create multiple accounts or to cheat in any way just to win free seeds. I pretty much speak for everyone here when I say... if you want seeds, all you have to do is ask! some people will just send them to you... others will merely ask for an SASE.. I mean really, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to cheat honest people out of an honest game! we rather you not play if you cannot play fairly! and I thank the webmaster and all the honest members of this forum for keeping an eye out on the games.

and to make it a little more fun, I also trade for other stuff other than seeds for seeds.. I have in the past traded my seeds for atari 2600 games as I am a collector, I have also traded for $2 bills which I also collect.

so let's please keep the games fun and honest.. we really don't need the seed games, but it's just another way of having fun and getting to know our fellow members. so play fair!

Luria

So a doubt... no overseas, but I am part of the US and the postage is exactly the same as sending from state to state, and mail gets here in 3 days. Let me know if I count as US for the game, if so put me down with number 6, if not it's ok :)

Wort
Cool Member

7 for me please
Last edited by Wort on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

mtmickey

15 for me, please. Thanks

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

Luria wrote:So a doubt... no overseas, but I am part of the US and the postage is exactly the same as sending from state to state, and mail gets here in 3 days. Let me know if I count as US for the game, if so put me down with number 6, if not it's ok :)
luria, please re-read rule #4... spot 6 is yours as you called it before wort..
Wort wrote:6 for me please.
already been picked.. please select another..

ruggr10
Green Thumb

I'll try #4 Bobby Orr again, thanks!

zdawgnight

Really neat and fun game idea Ruffsta. Assuming I am meet the requirements I would love to take spot #5. Thanks!

lorax
Greener Thumb

#13 for me, please. Postage for anything to Ecuador is about the same as continental US (maybe a few cents higher), and customs doesn't care about seeds, at least not at my post office!

amalgamate

#11 for me please.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

*bump*

purpledew88
Newly Registered

#8 for me please.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

@purpledew88

although you have the time in - I don't see how 5 posts makes you active as stated in rule #1.. considering 3 of your 5 posts is asking for seed game spots.

Father's Daughter
Cool Member

Haven't been on here for a while, and just found out about the game--great idea! May I have number 10, please?

And once I finish going through my seeds for this year, I'll be in touch about making a donation.

Peapicker

I'll take #7 if it's still open! Thanks!

raspberryred

WHEN IS THE DRAWING DATE?

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

when all spots are filled..

Royiah

#14 please! :D

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Wow I thought this game would have takin off. Even with lower numbers.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

same here..

t92k
Newly Registered

I know I don't have the post count to qualify but I have sent seeds to members here. I'll take #8 if it's okay.

BTW Ruffsta how did you make out with the Red Habanero seeds I sent you?

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

I've seen some people that have been on here for years but have less then 50 post idk.
But when I first got on here you couldn't shut me up.

Wort
Cool Member

May I have 7 please? after choosing a number that was already taken I edited my original reply so that your thread could remain small I edited last on April 5

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

the winner of SEED GAME (3) is:

jnunez918

congrats! pm me with your details so you can receive your 20 variety seed packet

there will be a small break before I do SEED GAME (4)..

wort, I never saw the edit so I just gave you spot 8

I put down webmaster and myself just to fill up the game spots -if we would have been picked there would have been a re-draw.

brogz

No... I've been waiting for today so I could vote. Oh well I'll try next time.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

never wait... pick your number early...

amalgamate

Congrats jnunez918! And thanks Ruffsta for hosting these games :)

brogz

I had to wait till I gad my account for a month.

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

winner still has not claimed their prize...

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”