shelleyinmichigan
Cool Member

FREE to good homes! Egyptian walking onions

I have a bucket full of bulbs I dug up from my EWO patch and I don't want to see them go to waste. These are not the tops but the semi-rooted underground bulbs. Some of them are already sprouting, some of them are getting ready to. They are cleaned and trimmed and ready to be placed in holes or furrows.

[img]https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g66/shelleyn_2006/ewohelpfulgardener.jpg[/img]

If you have hot pepper seeds of any kind (particularly ghost peppers) I'll take a trade. If not, not a biggy, just looking to pass these little babies out to anybody who wants them.

Postage terms: Postage + envelope = $2, or if you prefer send a 6X9 SASE with $1.20 postage.

There are 6 bulbs per brown lunch sack, what's in the sack is what you get. Six doesn't sound like much, but heck it's free and they WILL multiply so you'll ultimately end up with much more by the end of next season.

Message me, and let me know if you're interested!

JEFFRO
Newly Registered

sent you a pm.

fulenn
Newly Registered

I sent you a PM asking if you had any left that I could have a few of.

Fulenn

shelleyinmichigan
Cool Member

Just a little update...........I still have plenty of bulbs for anyone who is interested. No trade is necessary, PM me with your zipcode and how many you want (I have sent up to 30 at a time with very little difference in postage from the original 6 I was offering.) :D

JamieSmith
Newly Registered

I have purple tiger chilli pepper seeds

aprilrehring

let me know what to do, I would love some of these. I am looking for anything I can get.

THank you

shelleyinmichigan
Cool Member

Just a quick FYI. It's freezing here in MI and we are under a bit of snow. Anybody who still would like some bulbs and is willing to wait until spring, feel free to send me your address and I will add you to my list!

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

I don't have the ghost pepper. But I don't have other seeds.
I could send you 2 or 3 of some. You can pick acouple.
here's a small list.
(caribbean red) looks like a red habanero
Orange habanero
Pepper Italian pepperoncini
chinese five color
purple of romagna (purple artichoke)
(watermelon orangeglo) look like normal watermelon on the outside but inside is orange tropical flavor.
(Pumpkins)
new england sugar pie. For pumpkin pies
squash musquee de provence. flat brown/tan pumpkin with orange inside.
squash jarrahdale is blue grey and shaped like the one listed above.

collum
Newly Registered

This is my first day on this site. Not sure what I'm doing yet - how to post and such. But what a thoughtful and generous offer! If you still have some I would love to get in on it. I sent you a pm. Please reply with answer and how to instructions. Thank you so much. :)

shelleyinmichigan
Cool Member

We have had record breaking warmth up here and I will be digging up the bulbs at the beginning of this week (3-25.) Once I get a proper count on how many I have I will send notice via PM to those who expressed interest when I was unable to get to them under all the snow :shock:

They are sprouting gang busters so the sooner I get them adopted out the better!

shelleyinmichigan
Cool Member

Forgot to mention too..... First Class Postage for up to 30 bulbs runs $2.00. I will provide the envelope for shipping this season, just makes it easier on everyone if we don't have to deal with the SASE rigamaroll 8)

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

How are the seed I sent?
You plant any?
Just tell me what to do.

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Also I found out that was garlic I sent you . If a clove is left in the ground or planted at the wrong time it just forms 1 single bulb that looks like a onion it never splits.

shelleyinmichigan
Cool Member

Going to get the seeds you sent in starter mix on my days off, need to pull and replant some ghost peppers and tepin from another swap that are ready for potting from a flat of starter too. I'm thinking I'm going to have a successful pepper season afterall!

I will PM you with a total count of bulbs, my mailing address, and prepaid postage options. When you get that message just PM me back with how many of them you would like.

Yes, I've had that happen to my garlic before. Like tiny pearl onions that smell like garlic! Those go nicely in spaghetti sauce :wink:

shelleyinmichigan
Cool Member

I have been filling requests for the EWO from members all the way back to January and my supply is getting very very low.

If I don't receive confirmation PMs from those I have sent them to in the past week, they will be dropped from the list and the next person moves up.

If you don't get bulbs this spring...........give me time.......I may have more in the fall again!

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Well maybe the people who get some will share when there's bulb.

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

You get my $3?

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Hmmm now ill have to find a nice spot for them to grow wild ;)

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Got my stuff today THANK YOU how come mine are dark red/purple and the pic you posted is tan?

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”