Ruffsta
Green Thumb

250 PLUS

yep, I have 250 plus on my starts for this year (and I'm not done yet - gotta pace myself), ranging from:

peppers
tomatoes
eggplants
watermelons

and much more - too many to name... what do you have?

vebyrd36

Honestly I don't know how many plants I have considering I'm planting an area almost 1/2 acre.

Tomatoes
peppers
onions
flowers

for now, then many others when it warms up a bit.

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

I have flowers,tomatoes,peppers,pumpkins ,10 herbs,artichokes,onions,peas,5 diffrent winter vegs. And then when its warm ill do the put in the ground stuff, corn,zucc,...
Fruits and berries, watermelons and many more...

soil
Greener Thumb

I've got over 1000 seedlings going. Too many types to list on my phone.

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Ok so my plants are getting big what's the next step? If I put them in 3in pots I. Won't have grow light space for them. I've taken them outside and harden them off now I can put the cold crops in the ground and give some away? There pretty small I have a spot I'm going to cover with plastic so they don't get smashed. I also have a old old yellow paneled green house I could put my cold crops in. But I need room for the warm crops.
Do I just take them out in the day and bring them in at night? I have this for cover also
[img]https://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/ericmgilson/2012-02-17_09-10-07_662.jpg[/img]

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

I'm sorta in the same boat... I had to stop germinating seeds.. because I don't have enough room and enough light to keep going - so I have to do the others as I move the current ones outdoors.. but I have awhile because the weather is not cooperating here in rhode island just yet.

I have my seedlings in 22oz tumblers that I bought at joblot and drilled 3 holes in them at the bottom - they'll be good in there for a couple of weeks - just enough time to put outdoors. here are a couple of pics..

[img]https://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7430/photo0003oc.jpg[/img]

[img]https://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3496/photo0004kv.jpg[/img]

SPierce
Greener Thumb

Wow... right now, I've got 8 seedlings going. I'll probably end up starting anywhere from 10 to 12 more, so a total of 20 or so for the year? I wish I had as much room as everyone else!

2cents
Green Thumb

SPierce

Your not alone. One have about 600 sf
I have 50 pepper plants started and will be start 50 more plants soon.
I use intensive gardening techniques, where many folks think they are too crowded. But it turns out well.

Good luck

SPierce
Greener Thumb

2cents wrote:SPierce

Your not alone. One have about 600 sf
I have 50 pepper plants started and will be start 50 more plants soon.
I use intensive gardening techniques, where many folks think they are too crowded. But it turns out well.

Good luck
Thanks- you too! I'm not going to go too crowded, but I AM going to make sure that I use up all the space I have; last year I didn't do that and I regret it.. so this year I'm just going for it!

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

I'm going to use the square foot method for some areas.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”