salsabila
Newly Registered

best manure for chili plant

hi..I'm going to plant bird's eye chilli plant..so I am wondering between chicken manure, goat manure and bat guano, which one is the best fertilizer for my plants??

salsabila
Newly Registered

I plan to plant it in container..then how frequent should I fertilize it if it is not really need the fertilizer??is once every fortnight is okay??

salsabila
Newly Registered

what do you mean by half-strength?is it reduce the amount of fertilizer?if I put 1 tablespoon once a fortnight, is it sufficient?

salsabila
Newly Registered

oh thank you..actually this is the first time I heard about the manure tea..but what is the size of your container and how many plants in it?

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

The best thing for any pepper plants is a lot of compost material. I always put about 6" of peat moss on top of the soil where the pepper row will be. Then I till in all that peat moss and my pepper plants typically grow 6 to 7 ft tall. 2 years ago I planted 6 red chili pepper plants and 4 sweet bell pepper plants in the same row. The bell peppers were very large 5" diameter. I picked all the red chili peppers, 3 months later after they dry I turned them into 3 lbs of chili powder.

If you dry your peppers be sure to cut them into several pieces, remove the stem and seeds, let the pepper pieces dry naturally in the dark with good air circulation so they do not mold. The dry peppers store well in zip lock bags. If you intend to use dry peppers on pizza cut them into tiny pieces before they dry.

2cents
Green Thumb

salsabila,
All the advise, given here is sage wisdom.
I've had to learn pepper growing the hard way...you have to stop fertilizing peppers to get the fruit to set. Once they do fruit, if you give them N, they will stop fruiting for ~ a month.

Marlingardener,
Visited your site....so peaceful. I'll be trying some of your recipes this year. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Composting Forum”