gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

My first in store trade.

Well not really a trade but.....

I was at Rural King if you have them around you know how awesome that place is, it is like a Home Depot sized farm store. :-*

I was shopping and of course couldn't resist going to see what was up in the garden areas. I see a guy buying a greenhouse/starter kit, the ones with a peat based cell tray. He looked confused so I started talking to him and suggest a plastic tray, I'm not a fan of peat pots/trays etc. They can be killers in the wrong hands. I asked him what he was starting, of course he said tomatoes, this is Missouri everyone and their mother grows tomatoes. He started talking about disease problems he has had so I was explaining what ti was and how to treat. We ended up talking about 20 - 30 min in the store. I asked where he was getting seed from. He couldn't remember the site he was looking at. I was suggesting a few that they had at the store but most were boring, Hillbilly and Cherokee Purple were the standouts for me. So of course I suggested I could give him some seed he was more than happy. Especially after explaining I had much more than basic round and red.

So.... Fast forward a few, I invited him over (the store is close by) and sent him away with 10 variety's He has never heard of. He was ecstatic. I told him to keep in touch and let me know if he needed any help.

I may not be a Master Gardener but I know my fair share, enough to be dangerous you might say. ;D :P I love helping people out, just paying forward all the help I have gotten from Helpful Gardener and The depot among other sites.

I did my good deed for the day, now I can beat my wife with a good conscious. ;)

Got to go I have garden chores to do at the end of Jan if you can believe that.

I'm pumped even more for spring now.

Gotta love gardening.

Dono

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

did my good deed for the day, now I can beat my wife with a good conscious.
don't kick the dog! :lol:

Eric

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:
did my good deed for the day, now I can beat my wife with a good conscious.
don't kick the dog! :lol:

Eric
Never would I do that. The wife maybe. LMFAO

GardenGnome
Greener Thumb

Lol don't forget to tell them about this forum.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

ericmgilson wrote:Lol don't forget to tell them about this forum.
I did

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”