ve3wou

I don't want growing my lawn too much.

I have over 2 acres front and back yard.
Cut the grass is really hard to me summer time.
Especially growing season comes to me.
How to control the grass density?
It is easy under the tree.
The grass is soft and not density.
But most sunny area is grows quick and tuft.
I want to make the sunny area grass condition same as under the tree.
Who have any idea?
I can't contract because I don't have pension.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

I have a very large yard with at least 2 acres planted in grass. We decided to use centipede because it tends to grow horizontal to the ground, therefore never gets very tall. We can get by with only cutting two or three times per season if we choose. Centipede grows very dense and will choke out most of the other grasses and weeds that tend to have a tall growth habit. If you let centipede go for several weeks without cutting the grass, it will not likely get taller than three or four inches (8-10 cm)

ve3wou

hendi_alex wrote:I have a very large yard with at least 2 acres planted in grass. We decided to use centipede because it tends to grow horizontal to the ground, therefore never gets very tall. We can get by with only cutting two or three times per season if we choose. Centipede grows very dense and will choke out most of the other grasses and weeds that tend to have a tall growth habit. If you let centipede go for several weeks without cutting the grass, it will not likely get taller than three or four inches (8-10 cm)
I knew from you the most low maintenance warm season grass is the centipede grass.
Thank you very much, I will check more and try to change my grass step by step.
Woo

Janyyy
Newly Registered

As I am about to plant some seeds in my garden, this looks like a pretty useful thing to know before I go for it. Thanks!

Jane

Return to “Lawn Care”